tail lights/corner lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esp4life

for a while now my corner lights will come on when i brake, and my brake lights stay on if i turn on the corner lights or headlights. i have checked all the wiring except for what is behind the dash and there are no wires crossing or touching. i have a viper alarm on the car and think it might have something to do with it. i checked the wiring for the alarm and still nothing is crossed or touching and seems to be wired up right. i can't really say how long this has been happening. i've only had the car a little over a year and it was brought to my attention by a friend. if anyone has had similar problems or even heard of it, i'd appreciate any/all help.

edit: the car is a 90 hatch/b16a swap. aftermarket tail lights and all bulbs are fine and the correct ones.

Originally posted by esp4life@Sep 20 2005, 08:48 PM
for a while now my corner lights will come on when i brake, and my brake lights stay on if i turn on the corner lights or headlights. i have checked all the wiring except for what is behind the dash and there are no wires crossing or touching. i have a viper alarm on the car and think it might have something to do with it. i checked the wiring for the alarm and still nothing is crossed or touching and seems to be wired up right. i can't really say how long this has been happening. i've only had the car a little over a year and it was brought to my attention by a friend. if anyone has had similar problems or even heard of it, i'd appreciate any/all help.

edit: the car is a 90 hatch/b16a swap. aftermarket tail lights and all bulbs are fine and the correct ones.
[post=557392]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you have an ICU?

I know my 91 integra has a malfunctioning ICU and my corner light issues lead back to it. I plan on replacing it this winter when I get some time.

make sure ur bulbs are correct and dual filaments and single filaments arent swapped

ignition control unit?
intensive care unit?

lol i never heard that ack. before either... its some computer controlled thing :D chris?

Originally posted by esp4life@Sep 23 2005, 09:53 AM
icu = icy ewe? i don't have that option on my car.
[post=559163]Quoted post[/post]​

I forget what it stands for...but on my car controls things like the corner lights, wiper motor, hazards and a few other weird things. Supposedly the CAPS inside them were of shit quality and over the years they leak and destroy the board making all sorts of wonderfully funky wiring things happen. :unsure:

thank you thank you thank you and thank you, spoonfedcrx. i did have the bulbs switched. this has been bothering me for almost a year now, and it turns out to be something that simple. thank you again. now my blinkers are acting weird so i'm checking to make sure those aren't switched around or blown. thank you thank you thank you.

Back