tailight problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 2000 honda civic and i have been driving it without any tailights or brake lights except for the 1 brake light in the car on the back. I finally got around to getting new bulbs and have replaced them all. I now have brake lights but i dont have just the running lights that run while your driving. I got brand new bulbs, i checked the fuses. I have no idea what is going on. Any help would be really appreciated.

By running lights do you mean the red lights and the license plate lights. If so then you may have a wiring problem as all of those lights are run off of a single wire that goes from the front driver's side to the back.

im kinda having the same problem with my 92 civic 4dr dx. but...i have the tail lights and the license plate lights and the blinkers. but no brake light...i have replace the bulbs, brake switch, and checked all the fuses....i dont know whats going on with that....lmao....any help or advise to fix it befor i get a ticket...lol

do you know where the wire runs along the car? which side of the car is the tailight wire on?

Taillight wires run along the drivers side of the car, under the plastic panels on the floor.

ok thanks, but do you have any sugestions why they wouldnt be turned on?
i went the the scrap yard and pick me up a new headlight switch on the side of the steering wheel. The one in there was cracked and broken so i thought that it might not be actaully turning them on....but i guess it wasent.

They probably aren't receiving power. As I said everything, except the brake lights are powered off of one wire.

so i finally got it working. My car has a hidden hitch and the wiring harness for that was shorting out my taillights, cuz they hook up to your brake lights.

Back