take 1 layer out of head gasket?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

as many of u know, im trying to up the compression of my LS, without! going for new pistions and rods cause i dont have the experiance or knowledge to do it. So for starters, please dont respond with GET b16a PISTIONS U NEWB. cause no shit, i would love to but $$$ and my skill wont get me there. i just milled the head 20thou and have roughly 9.8:1 compression. i was thinking of taking 1 layer ouf of the 3 layer head gasket i just bought. Is this bad? or good? i know u can get 2 layer head gaskets, but i didnt. how much would this increase my comp by? Thanks

you can remove a layer, i think it is the middle layer, but i'm not sure. it will increase you by at most .2
you already have your head milled, wouldn't be a good idea
GET b16a PISTONS U NEWB
:p

if you do it, make sure you do it properly. Use the proper gold spray to adhesive the two layers. I say just use the oem and be comfortable knowing that it won't shit due to your job of putting it together.

I forgot the name since I haven't worked on a honda for like a year or so, besides regular maintenance. But I would say go into a autoparts store and ask.

i have jdm b16 pistons in my motor that i built myself. . . and a stock headgasket . . . i felt more comfortable building the bottom end than messing with a headgasket.

and the bottom end cost me $300 . .. pistons, rings, and bearings. . all $100 each

having 11.1 to one compression with a stock headgasket = priceless

Back