take off the tranny for me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i got the seven bolts off the b16a motor i can touch the flywheel and the clutch but it will not come off what am i doing wrong??

look underneath the tranny ther should be 2 support legs than thread from the backside. If all the bolts are off, lightly work your way around with a rubber mallet.

matt

i did that i have them all off everything like i can touch the flywheel with my finger and i can touch the clutch with my finger i was wondering is the tranny in gear???

sometimes it is just a biatch to get those old parts apart from each other. Like the others said, those two support legs need to come off, there are also a couple of mainbolts that are screwed into the tranny, not to the engine. As I recall, they can be a pain to get at. Good luck

Just work your way all around the tranny and make sure all the bolts are out, and just pull. This is a dumb question, but are all the tranny mounts disconnected? There is a rear mount that is a biatch, and it won't budge if it's connected. I'm assuming your tranny is sitting in your car still. also, make sure you disconnect the speedo cable, or vss, which ever you have.

no question is a stupid question......let me think about that...lol nah the engine is sitting on my work bench it is not in the car

it is offical i got it off there was a little metal plate that would not let the tranny wiggle fully but i got it off and the clutch and flywheel and off i am one happy fat fool thanks guys

Was it that dust cover plate, the one that covers the bottom portion of the clutch/flywheel? That would have been my next guess, glad to see you got it off.

yeah it was the dust cover once i took that off if came right off i happend to be watching Hi Rev tuners on Speed and they where doing an engine swap and he removed the cover from the bottom when he did that i ran to mine and sure enough that was it

Stupid 10 an 12 mm bolts, I had a problem with that dust cover once, now I just dont use those little bolts anymore, just the big ones that go thru the cover and those support legs. They are more than adequate.

Back