talk about stepping up to the plate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What market niche are they shooting for? Well-off cheapskates that don't mind ridicule, or those seeking the status of a luxury car without any of the status?

high end luxury sport sedan
4.6L V8
300+hp 300+tq
rear wheel drive
possible forced induction version on the horizon
~$35,000

and its a Hyundai????

WTF????

Hyundai Genesis Concept - Auto Shows - Car and Driver March 2007

GENESIS Press Release

price with options, maybe... ^

“With Genesis, we’ve got a unique product position -- an all-new, highly capable, rear-wheel drive platform; a high-performance powertrain; and premium, progressive design – all at a price starting well under $30,000.”

Concept Genesis’ premium handling and steering performance is further controlled by Electronic Stability Control (ESC), the industry’s most important new safety technology. (.....) An onboard microprocessor determines if the vehicle is starting to understeer or oversteer, and can brake appropriate wheels and reduce engine power to keep the vehicle safely on course.

That'll be it's ultimate downfall though, this ESC.

price with options, maybe... ^
the under $30k is for the V6 model

What market niche are they shooting for? Well-off cheapskates that don't mind ridicule, or those seeking the status of a luxury car without any of the status?
yeah youre right maybe they should have rebadged it under a different brand name and charged $15k more for it like Honda, Toyota, and Nissan do

Your second link doesn't mention anything about a V6 model. Serves me right for not clicking on both of em. That's why i got confused, sorry.

I had no clue you guys were such brand name snobs.

Oh wait, No.. I did know you were all brand snobs.

I had no clue you guys were such brand name snobs.

Oh wait, No.. I did know you were all brand snobs.

If we were talking about a sport coupe it would be different. This is a "luxury sedan" it's ALL about brand names and being a snob. Which is the reason I have zero interest in a luxury car.

Is it being a brand whore?

I like hondas because of the way they are built. They are simple, There is much attention to detail, and they are built to last a long time.

Currently, I would not purchase a ford, chevy, dodge, kia, hyundai, saturn, pontiac, blah blah blah. This isnt a brand thing, its a quality thing. Dodge is starting to catch on.

Why are honda's and toyotas worth more? Have higher retail and resale value than the others? Hint: It has nothing to do with the badge.

As much shit as I would catch - I'd rock the V8 version. Even if it is closer to 35k - it will probably be built better than any American lump, and will likely be more reliable or cheaper to service than a 5-series or E-class. Any idea if they intend to sell a manual V8 version? If they do, I'm sold.

Heh, I never thought I'd see the day when Hyundai makes a better 4-door V8 sedan than GM does.

Something tells me that the Hyundai will have better build quality than a CTS. Sorry, as much as I love the CTS-V, I can't stand the interiors and cheesy styling.

I'm with klyph

talk to me when it goes into a Tiburon platform...

Back