talk about stepping up to the plate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think this car will do well. It may not capture the 5-series market, but it will capture all the people who desire a 5-series but can't realistically afford one.

Not everyone is a brand snob, some people would just like a high quality build and be satisfied knowing that they got more for their money. It goes on the idea of "super sizing" things and how Americans have a tendency to try to stretch their dollars as far as possible.

It will work.

Hyundai's quality and reliability are leaps and bounds over what they were in the past. I will go as far as saying they are giving the top japanese car makers a run for their money.

It's really hard to gain respect as a car company, or any company for that matter, when you start out with a sub-par product.

Props to Hyundai for turning their shit around and making a quality product for a good price.

Cadillac ? Hello ?

cadillacs are just rebadged chevys. all the escalade is is a tahoe with a fancy grille. dont get me wrong i like some gm but cadillacs dont even offer different engines for most of their cars. the same engine that powers the tahoe and the suburban is the same engine that powers the escalade, only for 20k more.

I think the escalade engine is only in the Chevy Silverado SS, and when did they start putting Northstar V8's into Malibus?

cadillacs are just rebadged chevys. all the escalade is is a tahoe with a fancy grille. dont get me wrong i like some gm but cadillacs dont even offer different engines for most of their cars. the same engine that powers the tahoe and the suburban is the same engine that powers the escalade, only for 20k more.

The original quote was something like "The day Hyundai makes a better car than GM.

In my opinion, a lightweight entry luxury Buick can out-comfort even the Lexus LS series.

i would buy that hyundai before i would buy a gm if i was going for luxury. just about all luxury cars have the same features (except for the high end cars like jag, bentley, etc.) so why spend 20k more for a car because it has a caddy badge. if i wanted status i might buy a caddy or something like that. if you are just going for luxury tho, why not save a little money.

The original quote was something like "The day Hyundai makes a better car than GM.

In my opinion, a lightweight entry luxury Buick can out-comfort even the Lexus LS series.

Did you just say lightweight and buick next to one another?

Honda's the only badge I'll ever want. Domestic cars are garbage IMHO. Every domestic I've been in or that somebody I know has one, it has so much wrong with it and they have to take it to the shop every year and they only use them for daily driving. Then you take a look at someone who's running the hell out of his Honda and it's running great for years. My mom flipped her 86 Honda Civic 3 times and pushed it back over and drove it home. I'd LOVE to see a domestic that could do that.

Back