Talk Me Outta These Projects, Guys...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, this is driving me nuts... So I get the new Summit "bible" today and start looking at how cheap Domestic parts are... then I start thinking about how much HP a small motor with a turbo makes. Then, I start thinking about how much more HP a bigger motor will make... THEN, I do some quick math and realize that a Chevy 502 at 10 PSI would put out about 984 HP. I try to resist, but I look online anyway and see how cheap it'd be to pick up an '80's Crapmaro...

Project two: Real simple like... a Geo Metro hatch with a turbo Hyabusa motor in the back. 310 HP and 1500 lbs.

Guys, I'm coming very close to being able to afford to embark on such projects. Give me reasons why I shouldn't. Other than killing myself in said cars.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jun 12 2003, 12:07 AM
Project two: Real simple like... a Geo Metro hatch with a turbo Hyabusa motor in the back. 310 HP and 1500 lbs.

i like that one

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jun 11 2003, 11:07 PM
Argh, this is driving me nuts... So I get the new Summit "bible" today and start looking at how cheap Domestic parts are... then I start thinking about how much HP a small motor with a turbo makes. Then, I start thinking about how much more HP a bigger motor will make... THEN, I do some quick math and realize that a Chevy 502 at 10 PSI would put out about 984 HP. I try to resist, but I look online anyway and see how cheap it'd be to pick up an '80's Crapmaro...

Guys, I'm coming very close to being able to afford to embark on such projects. Give me reasons why I shouldn't. Other than killing myself in said cars.

s-10 = 2500 bucks
ls1 - 2500-3000
turbo kit 4-6K (just piece one together)

Hello reliable and easy deep 11's, high 10's if you can hook up on t-62 running 7psi. (a camaro will run 11's with 7psi in 600 lbs more of mass)

I'm not really an S-10 fan... Besides, how could you pass up something like this with 1000 HP...

transmaro.jpg

Just look at it. No one would respect you wth Tony the Tiger on 'roids. While go is important, I don't care if you have an 800 hp Aztek, it's still an Aztek.

I say drive and build what you enjoy. So what if it's not the fastest shitbox in your county. Chances are you won't be anyways. And there is always someoen out there that is fast. I hate domestic styling and the attention to quality IMHO.

Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back