Talking to God

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
thats a possibility as well, i really just wish he'd come out and say whether its a fictional story or not.

i was just saying that what he described very accurately describes my perception of god and the events and things he descrobes make more sense to me then anything presented in the bible.
Word.

I agree with this^
Whether or not this story is fictional, which doesn't matter, my beliefs are also similar in many senses to these/yours.

[Narrow minded/un-interested people please skip this part here-just my personal views]

I don't believe that "God" sits there and wants people to admire his 'existence' and try to be perfect beings.
This is why I don't follow a religion at all, i just be nice to people, don't kill/steal/etc.
I do believe there is "God" though.
I have never thought (even as a young young child) that there was a hell (i used to tell my mom this when i was 3 years old and such).
At the same time (ages 2-4) I can remember thinking "the 10 commandments aren't REAL, they are society's guidelines to defer chaos" interesting mindset for a 4 year old eh?
I still believe the same, i don't believe that there is a rulebook, i just believe in being nice to everyone/everything.
On the same note, I also understand why people choose to preach and/or pray all day, and try to "be the best (insert religion here)". It's not my thing, but I choose to respect these people, as they have found something that comforts them in some type of way.

Once i read the first few pages of the bible, and i just started laughing my ass off .... not in disrespect to anyone's beliefs or theories here, but WTF ... taking a rib out....turning it into a person? Holy smokes mate.

This article is a good read, and I think I will have my family check it out.

wow that was a lil long but as most of you said i agree with his veiws. but it almost seems like hes trying to play the god roll by being so unclear about things and making it seem like he is higher up than the rest of us. but to me the whole god thing is all about control. its a way for the scared to make thing make sence.

Back