Tanabe hyper medalion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

Well my exhaust just crapped out on me on my hatch and i am in the market for a cat back setup. I have done research and i think i am gonna get the hyper medalion. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it would be louder than my 2.25" piping with resonantor and magnaflow muffler.

Also any one have pics of it on a civic, preferrable a hatchback but a coupe with be fine also? I heard its a HUGE tip so i'd rather see it on a car before i purchase it. As for purchasing it where is a good place to get it the cheapest. I have found it on ebay from "revtuners" for $469.99 shipped, is that the best i am gonna do ya think? Will this be adequate if some time down the road i decide to spray my motor a little say a 55-60 shot?

Thanks for any help! :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
In My opinion, i think you should go with the super racing medallion not the super hyper medallion
Thanks for your opinion but i dont want a very loud exhaust, i understand that you can use the silencer with it but i dont like that look. anyone else?

Quoted post[/post]]
I have the super medalion. I got it from: http://www.optionsauto.com
I have never heard the hyper medalion so I can't help you out there.
Oh i meant the super hyper medalion one, sorry for any confusion.

i have the shm on my del sol (B18C/R)
i love it
its got a nice quiet deep tone when you are driving normally at part throttle
it has a deep roar to it at WOT on the low lobes still not really loud though
at WOT on the high lobes it sounds like my friends R1... fucking screams

it doesnt look like all the other grape fruit shooters out there which is a big part of why i bought it

the only exhaust i would think about switching this one out for is the RSR ExMag

but overall it sounds good and looks good i really have no complaints

Might just been my luck, but my super racing medalion broke clean off about 2inches after the resonator. And of course SS material doesn't rust...

IMO, i would prefer the regular vs. the "super" series. There're just made with thinner piping for weight reduction.

I'm still running mine w/out a cat, pretty quiet too.

if it broke its because it wasnt mounted up properly

my cat wasnt flared enough to fit around the donut gasket on my header... this caused a shit load of stress on the exhaust any time the engine tourqued and broke my B pipe right before the resonator
this happened a few months after i got it put on (probly would have happened sooner if i didnt have the hasport mounts that dont let my engine move :) )... i brought it back and had the cat properly flared and havent had the problem again in 3 years

Thanks E, i remembered someone on this board has the exhaust i just couldnt remember who. Tananbe doesnt make the "regular" medalion anymore.

Right i am hoping i can make it to work and back without pissing off the cops. cuz my functioning exhaust only consists of the header and cat :confused:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
In My opinion, i think you should go with the super racing medallion not the super hyper medallion
Thanks for your opinion but i dont want a very loud exhaust, i understand that you can use the silencer with it but i dont like that look. anyone else?

Quoted post[/post]]
I have the super medalion. I got it from: http://www.optionsauto.com
I have never heard the hyper medalion so I can't help you out there.
Oh i meant the super hyper medalion one, sorry for any confusion.

I knew what you ment but I was just saying I have never heard it in person. I have had 2 super medalions and I have never had any issues with either one or have I been pulled over for it being to loud. My first was on my CRX I had for like 2.5 years and I liked it so much I bought one for the sol this past fall. I only put my silencer in once out of curiosity but it looked weird so I took it back out.

The only reason I can see for an aftermarkeet exhaust failing besides improper installation would be if you are running the stock cat still. Stock cats make a ton of water and could rust your pipes from the inside out i guess.

tylonalsnifnfool hows the OBX cat? Pass emission inspection with it? I am in need of a high flow cat and i dont have time to weld up a magnaflow universal. :cry:

Its really just a bolt on resonator not a cat. In NY the emisions consist of a visual inspection of the cat. It it is shape like a cat you pass. Only emissions is on OBDII vehicles. But as long as there is no check engine light you will pass. But I have my inspectors license so I could really care less. Its just a cheap Ebay cat. Probaly not even a OBX. Like a knock off of a knock off. lol. Whatever though, its just a cat.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
tylonalsnifnfool hows the OBX cat? Pass emission inspection with it? I am in need of a high flow cat and i dont have time to weld up a magnaflow universal. :cry:

look on summits website they have direct fir cats available for your car
I'll check that out... also where can i get the bell style flange if i wanted to weld up a test pipe or universal cat?

i have a hyper medallion on my h22 lude, with a hi-flo cat, it has a nice low growl at low to mid rpm and its pretty loud when i hit v-tec, it doesnt have the weedwhacker on steriods sound, my favorite exaust so far

Quoted post[/post]]
i have a hyper medallion on my h22 lude, with a hi-flo cat, it has a nice low growl at low to mid rpm and its pretty loud when i hit v-tec, it doesnt have the weedwhacker on steriods sound, my favorite exaust so far
thanks for the input! I found it for $460 shipped to my doorstep, i figure i am gonna buy it after the weekend....depending on how my Super Bowl betting goes :eek:

Back