Tax checks. w00t!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I MESSED UP. I filed as a dependent, because the last few years my dad has claimed me.

Well he didn't this year. And now I'm screwed.
file an amended return
you're prob get a refund, plus the rebate

Lewis Black said it's enough for one cupcake a day for a year. That's alright that the economy's going into the toilet. I got cupcakes, foo.

if you're claiming yourself you should get a BIGGER refund than the first time around
the difference between what you got and what you should have gotten will be sent to you, all the calculations are on the 1040x
it should be a decent $$$ difference in your favor too

i wish i knew if i was getting one. i filed a return, but reduced my agi enough to get a bigger return. i don't know if i reduced it too much though.

if you paid in more than 600 in taxes for the year you are getting the rebate

I don't think there is such a thing as reducing it too much. lol
i've run into situations where its better for the client to make more money to take full advantage of the credits etc
its a funny thing to say, but making more money = more of a refund
focuses mostly on the EIC

well, i don't know if i ended up paying $600 in taxes. i may have reduced it down to 0 because of write offs and deductions. oh well, i guess i just got a full refund on taxes then.

I made less than most people and only got 300 instead of 600. I'm wondering wtf on that one. Oh well, my federal was nice and chunky, so I'm not really crying.

if you reduced your tax liability to 0 for the year you're probably doing it wrong
lol
you have your return? look at line 63

I don't care. Money is money. 300 is fine. I don't feel like going through the hassle. I'll make up for it next year when I claim both kids.... well, by then... 3.

i can pay HALF of the vet bill I racked up today rescuing this cat. Who apparently is 10 plus years old.

Back