Tax checks. w00t!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you make no money you pay no income tax
deductions and write offs are a good thing.

looks like i'm not getting one. doesn't make much of a difference though. if i paid $600 in taxes, it would be a wash. i didn't make much last year so it was easy to write it off for a full return.

deductions and write offs are a good thing.

looks like i'm not getting one. doesn't make much of a difference though. if i paid $600 in taxes, it would be a wash. i didn't make much last year so it was easy to write it off for a full return.

i'd be interested to see the art that went into your tax return

i'd be interested to see the art that went into your tax return
not really much art involved. had some 1099's. deducted mileage and a car i bought at the beginning of the year. didn't have a lot of income. is it 100% legit. probably not. was it illegal or fraud, no.

you can't take mileage and the car purchase
how come? if you work, and use mileage for business, you can deduct it. if you buy a car, and use it for business, you can deduct. is turbotax wrong? have the accountants i've talked to been wrong? i mean, it's possible,just thought it was pretty solid info.

if you buy a car you can claim depreciation (up to 3600 for the first year) plus fuel, tolls, repairs and maint, etc

but you cannot take the standard mileage deduction for that same car, double dipping

standard mileage includes fuel, rep and maint, etc
so yea, your guys are wrong

if you buy a car you can claim depreciation (up to 3600 for the first year) plus fuel, tolls, repairs and maint, etc

but you cannot take the standard mileage deduction for that same car, double dipping

standard mileage includes fuel, rep and maint, etc
so yea, your guys are wrong
i'm not taking both. just the standard mileage. turbotax gives you the option and evaluates which would work better for you. i really fear getting audited so i don't stretch anything.

just remember you always need something to live off of...
if you had 5K in income, and you wrote off 5K in expenses, you had better have some savings that you "lived" off of

if by laying the pipe, you mean doing her taxes, then i guess you're correct
thats just a barter, and as such does not count
now if she paid the rent, cable, utilities, etc and just let you mooch off of her... then you're laying it with some pride

marsha bought me some new oakleys for doing her taxes for her
DISQUALIFIED

if by laying the pipe, you mean doing her taxes, then i guess you're correct
thats just a barter, and as such does not count
now if she paid the rent, cable, utilities, etc and just let you mooch off of her... then you're laying it with some pride

DISQUALIFIED
that was a disclaimer because everybody knows she lurks this forum. it was implied about the taxes, but i know the truth. it wasn't a deal like, "if you do my taxes i'll buy you something."

actually, she did pay the rent and cable this month. i just have to pay my portion. she sends it out, then i pay her my half. it's a good deal.

Back