tax question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

yea, umm what happens if i forgot to pay them? :ph34r: can i do it now? i owed like 300, anyone have an idea what the fees are if they are late?

don't ask why, i was just stupid and forgot. i waited till the last day, then had a problem with having it taken out of my account, so they rejected them. then i forgot to call the IRS ans sort it out.

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, umm what happens if i forgot to pay them? :ph34r: can i do it now? i owed like 300, anyone have an idea what the fees are if they are late?

don't ask why, i was just stupid and forgot. i waited till the last day, then had a problem with having it taken out of my account, so they rejected them. then i forgot to call the IRS ans sort it out.
Just file them together next year (and have more withheld this year) and let them cancel each other out :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]

The IRS holds your taxes all year long, you charge them 0% APR on the money they hold.
however after tax dday, you will get charged x many % on any money you havnt paid the IRA back on.

Pay your taxes ASAP!!!!

yes, the faster you pay the less penalties and interest it will be (obviously)

if your return was actually REJECTED by the IRS you can still attempt to get the fees and penalties waved because the return was filed in a timely matter but it was rejected

do you have any paperwork on the rejection?

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, the faster you pay the less penalties and interest it will be (obviously)

if your return was actually REJECTED by the IRS you can still attempt to get the fees and penalties waved because the return was filed in a timely matter but it was rejected

do you have any paperwork on the rejection?
yea i got it

I'm pretty sure you can get an automatic extention until August 15 and its not hard to get a further extention until October 15. Just don't pull a Richard Hatch...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12818163/

I'm taking a tax class, so I checked the book and that's what it says. (I just got an A on my tax midterm, YAY!)

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm pretty sure you can get an automatic extention until August 15 and its not hard to get a further extention until October 15. Just don't pull a Richard Hatch...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12818163/

I'm taking a tax class, so I checked the book and that's what it says. (I just got an A on my tax midterm, YAY!)

ah grasshopper, not so fast

IRS is using a standard(automatic) 6 month extension this year, no more first and second
and the 4868 is only valid if its filed in a timely matter, so filing an extension at this point will do you no good
the automatic only means the gov't won't disallow it, you still need to file for it

and the 6 month extension of time is for FILING only, the gov't does not give you an extension of time to PAY your taxes...

throw that book in the garbage

Quoted post[/post]]
[throw that book in the garbage

Fuckers change the tax law way too much! I shell out like $100 for this book and after this quarter its worthless! It's either throw it in hte garbage or burn it for warmth. The things are outdated as soon as they're published.

Back