Tax Season Again, NEED ADVICE?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

we would recommend you save them for AT LEAST 7 years before you burn them

that sure is quite the pile, how long were you adjusting that for just the right effect on the camera

B didn't position those forms for the picture. That's just how he keeps his house.

its hard to say without specific numbers
if their income isn't too high they'll be eligible for the EIC and will get a nice refund

to be on the safest side to guarantee a refund they should claim single 0 for both of them
difference in paycheck shouldn't bee too bad and they will def be safe from owing

There's a limit on income to the EIC? I was told there is no limit to how much you make, if you have a child you'll get 1000 back.

The child tax credit will give you up to a $1000 credit with limits of 75k sinlge and 110k married.

The EIC has limits of 33k for one child and 37k for more than 1 child.

EIC can increase refunds by 1-6K

I don't have to claim child support as income do I?

The child tax credit will give you up to a $1000 credit with limits of 75k sinlge and 110k married.

The EIC has limits of 33k for one child and 37k for more than 1 child.

EIC can increase refunds by 1-6K
is that 33k AGI or taxable income?

If you pay child support, are you allowed to deduct anything on your taxes or claim the child as an exemption?

Nothing can be deducted for the child support payments. Child support payments are neither deductible by the payer nor taxable income to the payee.

Pub 504 = Divorced or seperated individuals

Hey Reck:

I'm doing my state's income tax CT-1040 Sched3. It's asking me for my taxes paid (I have that amount from form 1098) but it's also asking for DATES. What do I put in for a date? The form has 2 lines, and the second line is labelled "If multiple payments were made". I've viewed my 1098 and I can't find any dates.

Do you have a suggestion ?

1098 = Mortgage interest and real estate taxes.
You can get the dates from your monthly mortgage statements or you can just try entering VARIOUS.
Or you can just make some shit up, like may and november is a usual time for taxes to be due. Or March and September.

If you don't want problems check your mortgage statements, or just call your mortgage lender and ask for a yearly report of your escrow activity, which might be included in your year end mortgage statement.

I'll be back in the morning if you need more help with it.

Hey Recked:

I am filing Federal and WI state taxes. I recieved something from my teachers union for union dues paid. Where or can I enter these? Do they make any sort of difference?

1040 Schedule A Line 21
Difference will be minimal. No difference if you don't itemize.
If you don't own a house and have a mortgage you probably don't itemize unless you're dying and have giant medical bills.

1040 Schedule A Line 21
Difference will be minimal. No difference if you don't itemize.
If you don't own a house and have a mortgage you probably don't itemize unless you're dying and have giant medical bills.

That is what I thought. I will maybe get something out of it next year since I am closing next Friday on the new house.

Thanks.

wait, you're a teacher right?
keep track of any shit you buy for your class out of your pocket
teachers can get credits and shit

Would I get a tax credit from appliances like water heaters, washers/dryers, stove, dishwater, Anything of higher efficiency, basically?

Back