Tax Season Again, NEED ADVICE?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i just found out we owe the irs 500 bucks and that we have to pay $300 to cpa's that put that packet together..............great. :(

Yeah I'm going to have a huge deduction for the windows, and I'm getting a new front door this year also.
total credit for windows = 200
total credit allowed = 500

hope you weren't expecting dollar for dollar

well i just found out we owe the irs 500 bucks and that we have to pay $300 to cpa's that put that packet together..............great. :(
why didn't you come to me? i would have charged you less
if you didn't file you should let me take a look at your return before you do

total credit for windows = 200
total credit allowed = 500

hope you weren't expecting dollar for dollar

Nope. But I'm sure I'll reach that 500 mark. I'll be able to reach the standard deductions with the door(s) and windows easily.

just got a nice letter in the mail. The soon to be ex-wifes tax return was "intercepted" and given to me to go towards her child support arrears. The best part is that she is playing games with the courts, and does not have an address (living with her mom), so all the mail related to the support and custody issues come to me. She will be sitting around for weeks (maybe even months) waiting for her tax return to come, but it never will and she won't know why.

Illegal income. Illegal income, such as money from dealing illegal drugs, must be included in your income on Form 1040, line 21, or on Schedule C or Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) if from your self-employment activity.
straight from the IRS.

also you're supposed to pay tax on any barter work. If I roof your house in exchange for you putting a new engine in my car, you are supposed to figure out the value of the labor done and pay tax on it.

"You're the 16th caller !"

"Oh yippidee doo ! Now whats the cash value on these tickets so i can report them on my income tax?" (Ned Flanders)

I moved to NY from NC. I was in NC more than 50% of the year. How easy is it to file multiple state returns?

I'm also getting married this year, is that as big a tax benefit as everyone says it is?

you just need to do one state as resident and one as non resident

marriage isn't what its cracked up to be
there's certain advantages

Back