Tax seasonal buy (w/ pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94H_Ex

Under employed
I seem to like trucks. I bought this from a guy near Pensacola, Fl.

85 Nissa 720 ST

Engine: NAPZ 2.4 Sohc 2bbl Carb.
Trans: FS5W71B :(
Rear Axle: Its the smaller H190
Interior rate: 9/10
Paid 1200 drove it home.

The body has some rust but nothing that couldn't be fixed with some attention and time. I like it so far but my first complaint is simply its slow as dirt, and not low enough.
Other than some maintenance, the plans to start with is to slam the ever living fuck out of it. I'm saving up now for Belltech dropped spindles and leafs, then if I have to I can play with the torsion bars and drop blocks (which means I'll have to notch the frame) then short shocks. I'm also looking at 15" wheels either 8 or 9 wide and a 0 offset. Really I want to be so low that I will literally cuss out every street with speed bumps and inconvenience my self.
Summit racing sells these at 223.00 for the set. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pcw-52-5884

For the performance side of things to come waaaay down the road will be for the Ka24e/de hybrid (sohc block with dual cam head), its rumored that this alone produces 11:1 compression if the pistons are the flat topped. To fuel the swap will probably Yamaha R1 carbs on to a dual cam intake customized to fit em.

I've also looked into transmission options against the stock 5 speed. (Fs5w71b) and found out that with a donor transmission from a 240sx (FS5w71c) the gears will pack into the b. Reason for that will be simply because the 240's tranmssion will set my shifter back, and not fit like its from factory. Plus I'll have to have a custom drive shaft made. After thats all said and done I'm going to start looking into a better rear axle to place everything to the ground. So far the path finder comes with disc brakes and lsd, but is 3 inch's wider than mine. It will also need to have leaf mounts welded on seeing as they come with a 4 link from factory. Its also rumored that the mazda bseries trucks come with lsd but no disc brakes.

Enough of my babbling. Pics to be seen.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

Got a sun roof too.
IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

I did put a wink mirror in already. This is a tattoo I found in one of those 50 cents machines and figured it would look badass here.
IMAG0044.jpg

Hopefully I wont lose interest in this one. -_- seems to be a habit of mine. Wife says I'm not allowed to sell anything any more. For the next couple months it will basically stay as a slammed out daily.

Last edited:
And as far as mods ? Zombie invasion vehicle. Leave it the way it is. Except maybe a bad ass brush guard up front, and a headache rack in the back.

I would actually trade the metal from the bed in for some wood, and make a stake bed. But that's me, and I am a bit of a loon.

Alot of my influences have been coming from close friends that have been more for the form>function and then another good friend that is nothing but hard core mini truckin. That and garage miniz 720.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDFXGb0SWdc

Though I'm not all about going that crazy.

There is a lot of glass in that profile to go slamming it to the ground.

Also, you can prolly do some neat things to the NAPSZ engine to get the power back. Most of the time, the previous owners just fucked up the exhaust side of the ignition. I had my 82 200SX and that thing was actually pretty decent once I got the exhaust side right.

I did forget to mention, I'm the third owner of this thing, the first owner dragged around behind a rv in the 80's then sold it in 91 to the guy I bought it from. The guy I bought it from kept every reciept of any work down to this truck, including the tint. But a tune up was last done in 01, so I went ahead and updated that. I got a little pep back, but its still slower than my d series civic, and my civic is god awful slow too.

Love these. Wish I had never sold the Hardbody.

Back