taxes

who dunn'em

• already did mine, owed :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • already did min, got back some $$&#0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
so, who did their taxes yet? mine ahve been on my desk for months now, and i keep neglecting to even look at them. i have no idea if i owe or am getting cash back...
what about you?

hmmm, i'm an Accountant, but i always wait till april 15th

i know what i;m gettign back as soon as i get the W2, but focus on doing money making returns instead of my own...
can't spend it till after tax season anyway
tax season sucks...

Seeing as I owe $450 from last year due to me filing exempt at the beginning of the year (I thought I'd only be working for a few months, I ended up working the whole year and I never changed my filing status to claim myself), I'm hoping that this years return will at least cover what I owe from last year. To the tax folks on board, would I be able to get away with just filing as usual, and still getting this years return back, minus what I owe? Or will it not even go through till I clear up my outstanding amount seperately?

is this federal or state...

if its fed, may god have mercy on your soul
lol
j/k

uhm, lets say you owe 450 from last year, then tack on another 150 for interest and penalties...

now lets say that for tax year 2004 you are getting a refund for 3000...
the feds will usually deduct previously owed balances and just send you the outstanding refund...

so if you have a refund of 3K, less your balance of 600, still nets you a refund of 2400...

You left out "damn, I haven't done mine yet, but I bank when I do" :)

mine were done at the beginning of February. i only got like 300 back total from the state and feds

That's because you're gay.

I did mine, got back 1.3k...paid off credit cards, bought a PS2 and GT4 :)

Mines still sitting on the desk as well...I have no clue on how to do it this year....

If someone come's here...and knocks them out for me...and clean up the mess I have from 2 years ago....then they will get a huge JDM present when I get back from Japan....or something on the spot to make them happy... ;)

or...can someone just get me a copie of turbo tax?...

This year I know I get a big cheack back...but 2 years ago..I couldn't afford the $500 I thought I owed..so I didn't file...but I can afford it now...and I want to clean up my mistake...I've even been dumping $20 extra a week into the taxes to help clean up the mess...and claiming no dependants...so they took as much as they can get from me for the last year...plus buying a house in december and now I can claim more..but I don't know how....

I need a rent-a-geek.....

good story filed mine end of january, got my state back first beginning of Feb for like 275, deposited it np at all...got my federal back a week later 329 bucks.....deposisted it Feb 15, Bank un deposited Feb 16th...i called and ask them WTF was up...they said the only reason why they would do that is if A). I forgot to put the check in there, or B). I put the stub only in there i said BS i would never forget to place a check in there......I talked to manager she told me people do it all the time and i said i would never forget i'm not a moron...she said maybe you are ......i SAID WTF>>>>>>.anywho...she said the bank will send you a letter in the mail stating why we withdrew your deposit.......sure enough 1 week later......a letter came WITH MY TAX CHECK ATTACHED to it....turns out i needed to sign the back, WHICH i have never ever signed one check ever in my life when deposting through the ATM...even my state check went through unsigned.....So i went back and rubbed the check and the letter in her face...lol....I signed the fucking thing and it went through.....But, during that time i had called the IRS to tell them my story....they said they would send me a reaplcement check.....sure enough today i am sitting here with another 329 check from my federal taxes..........SHOULD i cash it ;() :lol:

the first stupid bitch i took my w2's to, told me i owed $4, WTF!! so i said screw, i went somewhere else and he got me back $1495 on my federal but i owe the state $20. he charged me $142 so my check was $1353. it's all gone now. Put a new down on cheaper insurance, fully paid off 1 credit card, and sent in a car payment. now i'll be able to have some money left over from my next pay check.

damn im poor. i guess not making shit for money, being young, unmarried, and no kids sucks. I need to knock a bitch up, get married and maybe i could get some cash too.

this sucks

Well I work as a lifeguard at the school district. Aparently they aren't taking SHIT out from my checks, so I ended up owing 15 federal and a whopping 183 state!!! Fuck that! I'm so pissed. Time for a new job that will actually give me hours.

Back