TD05H turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

I have the chance to buy a TD05H from a good buddy of mine for $3. I really wasn't planning on boosting the sol but it seems like about the only way to go fast for cheap. Since i'm saving on the turbo i'll be able to put more money into the "important" areas. Now for the questions:

-How hard is it to re-build a turbo. I found this kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo-Turbo...sspagenameZWD1V

- Is this even the right size for what i'm trying to do.(220whp MAX)

- will I be able to reach my goals off 7psi and stock internals?

You guys are gonna have to bear with me since i'm new to this forced induction thing.

way too small.

buy it for $3, ebay it for $100. make $97 and give your friend the finger for being an idiot :p

haha yeah i got one too, i got it FREE! haha sucker! and nope never used it. the spring is set for7 psi. there are no A/R stamped on either housing, but just look at the inducer and exducer those things are frickin TINY like your balls in a cold lake!

i got the side mount intercooler if you need one! hehehe

sell it on ebay and find a holset hy35....perfect for a b16....

TD05H what though, that's the turbine side only. What compressor is it? 14b, 16g, 17c, 18g, 20g, etc you get the idea.

For free though, money's on 14b which won't get you to 220 whp but will definitly push you to the upper 100's since you can only run ~10 psi

Quoted post[/post]]
TD05H what though, that's the turbine side only. What compressor is it? 14b, 16g, 17c, 18g, 20g, etc you get the idea.

For free though, money's on 14b which won't get you to 220 whp but will definitly push you to the upper 100's since you can only run ~10 psi
since when? I know people running D-series on 14b's that are pushing 200whp....might be different on a DSM but on a honda it can get the numbers up there...regardless I told him I would take it off his hands...for a resonaly price.

Quoted post[/post]]
since when? I know people running D-series on 14b's that are pushing 200whp....might be different on a DSM but on a honda it can get the numbers up there...regardless I told him I would take it off his hands...for a resonaly price.

Fair enough, I was just thinking that since you're limited to 10 lbs it wouldn't flow enough air to make it, but on closer inspection of the map http://www.stealth316.com/images/td05h-14b-cfm.gif it looks like at a PR of 1.68 (10 lbs) it'll flow about 350 cfm, or 24-25 lbs/min at the 65% efficiency range. So in retrospect I take back that comment, and it does seem feasible to make over 200.

haha sorry, basically means go for it, but be sure to get a decent FMIC to make up for shitty efficiency.

god all mitsu products suck ass :mrgreen:

ive seen 230whp d series with a 14b @ likte 12-14 psi. the max flow for a 14b is 405 CFM.

but yeah a 14b is too small for a b16. it wil run out of steam on the top end. i wouldnt go with anything smaller thana t3/t4 on a B-VTEC. a garret 50 trim with like a .48 hot side would be good for what you want, quick spool and decent top end.

if your going to sped the money, go with the .63 exhaus housing, and a 57 trim wheel.

just incase you change your mind and want more power, dont limit yourself off the bat.

He is supposed to get me pics of the turbo this weekend and if its for a resonable price im buying it. I have a Turbo D project im working on and I want a 14b. Plus hotrex is making my manifold...aren't you? lol

Back