TDC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, ive been throwing a code after the car has been run for a while, and I finally figured out how to check it, and im getting this. From what I read on the net, its the TDC or Top Dead Center. What does this mean and why would the sensor be throwing the code? Thanx for any help in this matter.

where did you find your service connector that you had to jump so that you could find out what code you were throwing. My car is a 99 civic ex and I can't find it behind my glove box like somebody said it was.

Yah i couldnt find it either, it was actually above and behind my box in what looked like another big green connecter, which is actually a cover. I don't know if its true for your car but mine is a blue connecter with two wires in it. Just needed to jump it.

ok Im also getting a "Ignition Output Signal missing or defective ignition output signal" code too. What could all this mean? thanx for the help again.

tdc sensor

Im throwing a code for my tdc sensor as well. It has to do with when your timing belt goes out and the sensor kills spark to the engine so things don't get messed up. My question is where is the sensor?

tdc is cause by a few things, most of which are some kind of timing advance. either your distributor is WAAAY advanced, or your timing belt is off a tooth.

Those are the two causes that jump out in my mind.

and who ever said the tdc sensor isnt in the dizzy is flat wrong....thats exactly where it is.

A lot of times when the sensor is not working it requires a new distributor.

if youre interested, you can pick up one here:

Distributor King: Andale Store

Back