Tdc????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAFROG

Honda Minion
VIP
So I installed new springs/retainers/LMA's/Cams/Adj Gears today (well....I'm almost done lol)

Can someone explain the roation of the motor....seems like one rotation of the cam gears is two rotations of the crank. I have everything lined up (I think) but was wondering if I could be 180 degrees out???? The crank moved with air in the cylinders to keep the valves up but I placed the crank pulley back on its marks before cam install. Things are lined up but not sure if there is a chance I'm off?? Check the #1 cylinder/piston with a long screw driver in the spark plug hole and the piston is at its highest point...which is TDC but thought I would ask for some input.

You cant be 180 off because The lines wont line up. The slot on the cams(were your key goes) Lines up with your cam gear, So there is no way you can be 180 off.

Just make sure your at TDC when torquing down the Cam girdle.

I understand the part about the keys and such. I was just tripping out.....stressed...worried...etc lol.

Just got it done.....fired right up and I'm in the clear!!

Back