1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tdc

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by crxhfz6, Jun 5, 2011.

1. crxhfz6

crxhfz6 Member

i have an obd1 crx that was throwing a code for the TDC and CYP. a couple days ago i was givin a lightly used distributor(5k miles). i ended up putting the coil and control module from mine into the new one. started right up and didnt throw a code. went for a drive and went well until i hit around 6k. then the tach went crazy and i got a code for the TDC. i turned the car off then back on and it went away and drove fine. I believe all of the wiring is good. would it make sense for the sensor to be bad, or is there a problem in the wirin?

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

crazy tach=bad ICM. Bad wiring would cause consistent problems, while ICM would cause problems at certain rpm, when warm, etc..

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. crxhfz6

crxhfz6 Member

alright. ill switch it out with the other one that i have and see what it does

4. crxhfz6

crxhfz6 Member

well i tried the old ICM as well as a new one i picked up and it was actually worse. the new one would cut out and miss above 4k and the tach just bounced

5. crxhfz6

crxhfz6 Member

so after getting the wrong part a few times i ended up getting a remaned dizzy for an 95 gsr. starts and drives fine, but once i hit 3.5k it throws the tdc code. i turn the car off and back on and its fine once again till 3.5k. i already ordered another to test but i was also told that there is a difference signal wise between the b16 and gsr. So do you guys think that the sensor is just bad in the one i got?

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Was the car rewired or anything? It would be odd that a reman distributor is causing problems but I wouldn't be surprised. I never heard of GSR and B16s having different TDC "signals"(not even sure what they mean by that).

Have you tried swapping ECU?

7. crxhfz6

crxhfz6 Member

still the same ecu, i know some of the wiring has been cut into and ill have to check it. although the last dizzy only threw a code when hitting vtec. when this one shows one at 3.5 every time. makes me think that it isnt the wiring.

8. massdamage

massdamage New Member

civic tdc err

I have a similar problem with my 1990 civic. I was driveing and my rotor button cam off and stalled the car out I replaced the button and cap and it is throwing code 8 tdc problem .As long as I get the car moveing b4 the engine light comes on I can tack the car out to the max but when I go to slow down or stop the engine light comes on and I cant get no more than 3500rpm out of the car. I can restart the car and it is fine till I slow down or stop agine so does that mean I need a new distributor? sorry for asking my own question on your post but wont let me make my on post yet for some reason.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted