Tdc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxhfz6

i have an obd1 crx that was throwing a code for the TDC and CYP. a couple days ago i was givin a lightly used distributor(5k miles). i ended up putting the coil and control module from mine into the new one. started right up and didnt throw a code. went for a drive and went well until i hit around 6k. then the tach went crazy and i got a code for the TDC. i turned the car off then back on and it went away and drove fine. I believe all of the wiring is good. would it make sense for the sensor to be bad, or is there a problem in the wirin?

crazy tach=bad ICM. Bad wiring would cause consistent problems, while ICM would cause problems at certain rpm, when warm, etc..

Last edited:
well i tried the old ICM as well as a new one i picked up and it was actually worse. the new one would cut out and miss above 4k and the tach just bounced

so after getting the wrong part a few times i ended up getting a remaned dizzy for an 95 gsr. starts and drives fine, but once i hit 3.5k it throws the tdc code. i turn the car off and back on and its fine once again till 3.5k. i already ordered another to test but i was also told that there is a difference signal wise between the b16 and gsr. So do you guys think that the sensor is just bad in the one i got?

Was the car rewired or anything? It would be odd that a reman distributor is causing problems but I wouldn't be surprised. I never heard of GSR and B16s having different TDC "signals"(not even sure what they mean by that).

Have you tried swapping ECU?

still the same ecu, i know some of the wiring has been cut into and ill have to check it. although the last dizzy only threw a code when hitting vtec. when this one shows one at 3.5 every time. makes me think that it isnt the wiring.

civic tdc err

I have a similar problem with my 1990 civic. I was driveing and my rotor button cam off and stalled the car out I replaced the button and cap and it is throwing code 8 tdc problem .As long as I get the car moveing b4 the engine light comes on I can tack the car out to the max but when I go to slow down or stop the engine light comes on and I cant get no more than 3500rpm out of the car. I can restart the car and it is fine till I slow down or stop agine so does that mean I need a new distributor? sorry for asking my own question on your post but wont let me make my on post yet for some reason.

Back