1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tdo5h-18g

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by TymlesxRS, Feb 11, 2003.

1. TymlesxRS

TymlesxRS Junior Member

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Just joined and I love it already. I've got a b18b2 and looking at turbos. See I was wondering how much hp the greddy tdo5h-18g can push out horsepower wise. I want to ultimately have at least 300whp. I'm assuming that the greddy can't push out those kind of numbers, but I was just wondering what it was capable of. thanks

2. 300hph22civic

300hph22civic Member

Well you may wanna do some building to your engine before putting that turbo on, that is a stout turbo even running at 6psi or so, T3/T4 Hybrid would be the best for that engine, but I guess since you already have that , it is cool. May wanna look at definetly building that head, and some block work, aftermarket rods and pistons a must and full head job , valve job, retainers, and springs (titanium) and you should be good to go with about 9 psi daily driver. :D should give you 80-100 more hp than stock. Good Luck

3. TymlesxRS

TymlesxRS Junior Member

Actually I didn't buy any turbo yet, just learning about everything out there. See I actually want a turbo with an internal wastegate so I don't have to worry as much about passing emissions. I'm planning to build my motor, but as of right now I just researching around. I'm also consider the HKS GT2530 ball bearing turbo cuz its ball bearing, and internal wastegate, but its so expensive. If anyone has any other suggestions.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

t3/t4 is bigger than an 18g for sure.

if you want 300 whp, i suggest a t3 60-1

5. TymlesxRS

TymlesxRS Junior Member

Is the t3 60-1 a ball bearing turbo? just wondering...but it sounds good.

6. redtao

redtao Member

the greddy kit for the gsr comes with that 18g and is good for 240 at 7psi with intercooler, i just saw a recent post some store had dynoed it , can't remember where. for three hundred you'll have to upgrade you fuel computer in addition to engine. :D

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

some are, some aren't. any turbo can be made ball bearing.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted