1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teg Cat/exhaust lenghts

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 98integrals, Nov 12, 2002.

1. 98integrals

98integrals Senior Member

well ive been thinking about my exhaust alot lately and im trying to figure out if i will be able to get it on w/o cutting.

My car is an LS, the exhaust is for a gsr. However the gsr cat is still on. so, i know that there is a differnece in length between the header. Also, the GSR and the LS are the samelenght overall, so i figure that the length from the beginning of the header to the clips of the muffler MUST be the same. Since the headers are a different length, that difference MUST be made up somewhere after the header. do they do this my making a shorter cat, or is the piping shorter? i figure either way, if i put the exhaust on with the gsr cat i should be ok.

are my assumptions correct?

thanks

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

The GSR cat is a different size than the LS. That is where the difference in length is made up.

3. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

damn you still have not put that exhaust on yet. (isn't it that thermal that you put pics of on here like 2 months ago)

4. 98integrals

98integrals Senior Member

yeah that one. winter is comming, my car isnt lowered .all excuses i know, but shit, i really would be a ricer if i had JUST the exhaust on there lol.

Hmm, people on another site (team-integra.net) seem to think that i will still need it cut. WTF?

5. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

You will need to cut one or the other, not both.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted