Teg/Civic exhaust comparison

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I am wondering if anyone knows if the civic's exhaust is similar to the exhaust on a Teg. I know the two cars are pretty much the same size and that they share alot of other features so I figured they might share exhaust specs as well.

also, does anyone know the pipe diameter of the exhaust on a Teg?

The reason I would like to know is because I want an exaust for my civic that will flow better than a stock civic exhaust without making my ears bleed going down the freeway. I figure that the integra's exhaust must flow better because of the larger engine and since it would be a "stock" setup it wouldn't be too loud.

I'm going to be puting a B16a in my civic and need a new exhaust anyway.

let me know what you guys think or let me know what you know

the integra exhaust can be cut welded and fucked with to make it kinda work

a better idea would be to just get an exhaust for your car

for a very quiet near stock look get the RS*R ExMag
another good choice that is quiet is the Apex-i WS (world sport)
i have the Tanabe hyper medalion its one of the quieter exhausts ive heard (until you switch lobes)
the GReddy SP is also pretty quiet

I know that there are aftermarket exhausts that are supposed to be "quiet" and I also know that it is still louder than I want. At one point I had the Thermal R&D stealth cat back system on my car which is supposed to be a quieter than others out there a I got rid of it because it was too loud. I don't want to spend money on something I'm just going to get rid of after a couple of months again. I know that a Honda muffler will be the decible level that I'm looking for. I am just trying to figure out how to go about it.

thanks for your input
keep it coming

then get the stock exhaust for the ITR and fuck with it till it fits

with my b16, im using the cat and piping from a 99 civic si my friend had lying around. and no muffler. i just got the pipe extended back from the flange before the rear wheel. the mid pipe did need to be shortened about an inch. its pretty quiet.

you aren't running a muffler of any kind, just straight pipe... and it's quiet?
I know that when my old exhaust rusted out next to the axle last year it was pretty loud and annoying. I guess I'm probably too anal about exhaust sound volume (it's partailly my girlfriend too, she hates loud exhaust if that isn't the way the car came from the factory)

I heard that the Mugen twin loop was pretty quiet but it is too spendy, has anyone heard the DC twin loop muffler ever?

I'll get this all figured out sooner or later

well obviously its not as quiet as it would have been if i left the si's muffler on there, but its quieter than my friends apex-i setup. ill sell you the old si muffler for 5 bucks plus shipping. youll need to redo the piping on both ends of it.

I'm going to try to find an exhaust around here first. but I'll let you know if I want to do that.

thanks

Back