teggy shifter....dual bend....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

I hope this isnt dumb but...can I put a 94+ teggy dual bend in my hatch?? Also whats a good kind to get?? Any have the nicest throw and shortest???

I've heard nothing but bad things about the B&M shifter. Go for Skunk2. You can get a dual bend for ~$90.

Quoted post[/post]]
I've heard nothing but bad things about the B&M shifter. Go for Skunk2. You can get a dual bend for ~$90.

reason being is that there regular shifter is not the best, so everyone complains about it, but give the racing pro edge one a try. i garentee you'll like it, it was CAD designed, a program i use everyday, so i know its the best. besides, for $150+ it's so worth it. best money i ever spent.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

reason being is that there regular shifter is not the best, so everyone complains about it, but give the racing pro edge one a try. i garentee you'll like it, it was CAD designed, a program i use everyday, so i know its the best. besides, for $150+ it's so worth it. best money i ever spent.

you've got the B&M?

I'm not denying that its well designed...but CAD designed don't mean shit.

Quoted post[/post]]

I was gonna say... just about all modern precision aftermarket parts are "cad designed". Doesn't mean they won't fall the fuck apart.

I bought a B&M "sport" shifter a couple weeks back... but that's only because I got it for 15 bucks new in box. :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

you've got the B&M?

yes i have a B&M, i don't know why it gets so much flaque, i can understand that the regular one is crap, but doesn't mean everything is.

Quoted post[/post]]

Cad is the leading program for all design, (i.e. cars, houses, commercial projects, parts of all sorts, the freakin toilet seat you sit on) Cad means alot, it could mean the difference in how smooth something is or how rough it might be, it could also mean the difference of a fraction of an inch when in production. there is better design from CAD, than any other way. unless your going 3D, then MIA is the best program. look, all i know is that i tried many different shifters, and they don't compare to this one, it has the Shortest throw of all shifters, its is the smoothest shifting shifter, and it is by far the best shifter on the market, the only draw back is that it isn't a dual bend, it is a strait through shifter made for racing, or street use, it doesn't suffer from breaking or warping or any other crap, you can give the shifter HEll and it will keep on going with the punches. plus its the only shifter that completely replaces the shifter seal and boot that holds it in.

#1- I'm not denying that the B&M is a good shifter in any way shape or form.

:laugh: CAD is not a program; it is a category of programs: Computer Aided Drafting (and Design). I use CAD packages, or similar programs quite often actually: SolidWorks, ProEngineer, Rhinocerious, 3D Studio Max (not cad, but 3d).

Now I can tell you that it doesn't mean SHIT if something is designed in a CAD package. A product is only as good as its designer. Saying that something designed in SolidWorks is better than something drafted by hand is like saying: hey this was drawn in pen, its better than if it had been drafted in pencil! CAD programs don't make products nessisarily better, they just make it easier to design them.

Now....don't bring the physics simulators, flow simulators and other non-CAD programs into this, they arn't CAD and I agree that they do improve design signifigantly (ie Boeing 777, designed all on computer, 1st one built was a production model).

Where can I get a B&M pro edge racing shifter?? What all comes with it??? Lower bearing mount?? Lower bushings?? Thanks guys...

Quoted post[/post]]
#1- I'm not denying that the B&M is a good shifter in any way shape or form.

:laugh: CAD is not a program; it is a category of programs: Computer Aided Drafting (and Design). I use CAD packages, or similar programs quite often actually: SolidWorks, ProEngineer, Rhinocerious, 3D Studio Max (not cad, but 3d).

Now I can tell you that it doesn't mean SHIT if something is designed in a CAD package. A product is only as good as its designer. Saying that something designed in SolidWorks is better than something drafted by hand is like saying: hey this was drawn in pen, its better than if it had been drafted in pencil! CAD programs don't make products nessisarily better, they just make it easier to design them.

Now....don't bring the physics simulators, flow simulators and other non-CAD programs into this, they arn't CAD and I agree that they do improve design signifigantly (ie Boeing 777, designed all on computer, 1st one built was a production model).

when i mean CAD designed, i'm not talking CAD packages, i'm talking about Autodesk AutoCAD, one, singular program, nothing else. now most engineered products are drawn by hand then entered into a cnc machine or what ever, the thing about CAD, yes its only as good as its designer, but there will be far less misstakes with a CAD program, because of the detail to what can fit and what wont. thats all i'm saying. is that i will find that is autoCAD drawn will be drawn better and more detailed then lets say a drawing by hand. sorry, not wanting to bicker about it. it is something that if i see it, in a product, i'm more interested than most.

Quoted post[/post]]
Where can I get a B&M pro edge racing shifter?? What all comes with it??? Lower bearing mount?? Lower bushings?? Thanks guys...

http://www.modacar.com/products/Acura/Inte...+Shifter+B.html= $159.00

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/b%26m%5...shifters/honda/=$144.00

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...&part=BMM-45074=$134.95

then i guess YOU don't know how to use it correctly. AutoCad is the Leading Design program for all types of Drafting and Design of all sorts.

I guess I don't know how to use it correctly, and the GUI is so fucking retarded that I have no intention of trying to use it. Its a poorly wirten and implemented program.

And for the record, no one big uses it anymore, is all ProE and SolidWOrks

B&M suck. they rattle like hell. shitty bushing design.
dual bends suck. they put the shifter in a gay spot.

skunk2 straighty is where its at.

Agreed buy skunk2, not too bad in pirce and great quailty. The kid asked about his shifter...
not CAD or AutoCAD take your bitch engineering fight somewhere else.

whatever, i'm tired of all you guy bitching like women, have a great day, was nice to debate with you all.

Back