Teh countdown is on!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, a big mother f'er.

gotta have everything in the truck thurs night
friday,
go close the condo
wait around homeless
go close the house
unpack the truck friday afternoon/night

Yeah it is, we had a ton of stuff, but again, its too of us so its understandable. The truck is fun to drive though :)

i'm already half packed. my garage is full of boxes already. during the day thursday, i'll laod what i can by myself, and thursday night justin and E are coming over... and possibly you and mike as well to help me with the big stuff.
the only thing i really need help with are the 2 couches, the tv in the living room, and my dresser.
pretty muche verything else i can load by myself during the day.

Front Yard:
8/18/06
IMG_0717.JPG

8/18/07:

IMG_2877.jpg

Closeup of the new wall...
IMG_2878.jpg

Backyard:
8/18/06: Basically 15' of usable backyard space past my "burm"
IMG_0719.JPG

8/18/07: Cleared around 20 - 12" and up diameter trees (mostly maples), 6 18"+ diameter dead pines, and bobcat'd, harley raked and hydroseeded to get to this picture (there are a few bare spots, but its common with a new lawn). Don't mind the brightness, I had my ISO settings way to high...
IMG_2884.jpg

8/18/06: The way the back of the house used to look:
IMG_0712.JPG

8/18/07: The way it looks now. About 90% done, have to put up the pvc trim board, lattice work, and build steps off the lower patio deck. Also will be building planter benches to act as my railing for the high side of the deck. Notice the picture frame deck layout...
IMG_2882.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

Currently debating on having the house resided this year or next along with widening my driveway up top to allow for two car side by side (will be relocating my light post).

I have made some improvements inside but haven't uploaded those to my gallery yet.

Up next is building a stream/pond and tee box (yes for golf) and a new retaining wall next to the garden shed which will be next to the deck as well. Also will be reconstructing the garden shed to allow my john deere to fit in there (double doors, no windows and a new roof).

Next year we are adding a front porch and new roof (the roof is fine, its just stained from my maple in the front yard).

And then the year after that is when I get to build my workshop out back...

I think in total we've put about 7500 on all upgrades thus far to the house (inside and out). In the addition (which the pergola is attached), I've put a new floor, removed built ins, and have built a bar cubby, its currently my game room but isn't finished quite yet, hence no pictures.​

all of it has been done by me except for the umbrella raising of my front maple tree and the hydroseeding. I removed all of the trees from my backyard and did all of the construction thus far....

Back