Tein basic coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wilshire

Big WIll
i know theres a thousand threads like this out there, but i figured its eaiser to just ask it myself.

I am doing a suspension upgrade on my sol.
right now i got eibach sportline springs with bilstein struts (two are blown)

i want something stiffer, and im willing to sacrifice ride quality, its not an issue.

I was thinking about the tein basic coilovers, wat do you think?
any sugguestions on what will give me a great performing spring/strut or coilover system?????
and im looking to spend up to around $1200

Thanks

You don't need to sacrifice ride quality to go stiffer as long as you get the right combination of spring rate to shock dampening. And yeah, Tein is probably more than enough for a street car & will blow the Eibach/Bilstein combo away.

If you want something stiffer that'll give you better handling, Tein Basic's are NOT the way to go. Look into the Tein SS coilovers, I had those on my 92 hatch a few years back and loved them.

cool thanks
i went on to tein's website, and the tein flex are only a hundred bucks more than the ss. but there $1400, thats hella money.

is there anywhere i could get them cheaper online without the chance of getting ripped off??? or would it be better to try to get them locally??

I will NOT purchase something that expensive off a site like ebay or anything, it needs to be a more reputable business.

I bought my SS's from ebay, and didn't have any problems...

you're almost ALWAYS going to find stuff cheaper online.

Pretty much.. usually a lot cheaper too. Just do enough research to know you're dealing with a reputable business.

Back