Tein Driving Spec Control Master Type Flex w/ EDFC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What does everyone think of the new Tein Driving Spec Control Master Type Flex...I would like to get some when I get my car (EK9)...(not my '84 Civ)...I also want to get the Electronic Damping Force Controller (EDFC) with it...total it will cost somewhere around $1,810.00...$1,430.00 for the actual suspension and $380.00 for the EDFC setup.

I was just wondering if anyone has them for their car and what they think about them... :feedback:

UnlimitedEK9

People just call them Tein Flex, just FYI.

As far as feedback. My freind has them in his dc2. They are very nice, and he loves them for HPDE's. They are pretty stiff but you get used to it. If your looking for a really soft suspension, your looking in the wrong place. His only gripe with them is that stock, the rear springs are a little soft (4kg)

Teins are defently not the best suspension, they are pretty much an entry level true Coilover, however, they are good. For the price, they are great. JIC probally being the next compeditor, cost alot more for comprible suspension.

As far as the EDFC, its mostly a bling thing. If I could get one for real cheap, I would, however, almost 400 is a waste of atleast 300. The only way that the EDFC is really something that you need is in car that to get the the adjustment screws, you have to take apart half the engine bay (defently a few cars out there like that) For the EK9, it takes about 30 seconds to adjust them, no big deal. If you can count to 14, you dont need it.

Back