1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tein SS/Basic

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Blacklightning, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Blacklightning

Blacklightning Junior Member

If I’m looking for real performance are these any good.
    I'm planning on doing some auto-X and road racing.
    The more I look at these the more they look like plain street coilover just meant for looks.

:unsure:

2. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

The basics have a higher spring rate, but the SSs are adjustable. Make sure that if you go with the Teins you try to get the pillow ball mounts. I heard they make all the difference in the world....

3. La_Pieuvre

La_Pieuvre Senior Member

About the SS. They are not just for looks. They are of great build quality and they provide great performance for the money. You will love them. I think user B16 has them on his car too and I think he does a bit of autoXing.

I definitely recommend the SS kit. Dunno about the basic though.

4. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i had the SS's on my coupe, but no cone dodging for me, road course only baby ;)
    i thought they were great on the track and the street. i have the HA's on my del sol now, my coupe was stolen so all that is gone. I like the HA better on the track, but is pretty uncomfortable on the street. ss is a great suspension for your daily driver and weekend autoxer/road course car. on daily just soften up the dampers and when at the track tighten them up to make it stiffer.
    enjoy

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted