Tein SS/Basic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blacklightning

If I’m looking for real performance are these any good.
I'm planning on doing some auto-X and road racing.
The more I look at these the more they look like plain street coilover just meant for looks.

:unsure:

The basics have a higher spring rate, but the SSs are adjustable. Make sure that if you go with the Teins you try to get the pillow ball mounts. I heard they make all the difference in the world....

About the SS. They are not just for looks. They are of great build quality and they provide great performance for the money. You will love them. I think user B16 has them on his car too and I think he does a bit of autoXing.

I definitely recommend the SS kit. Dunno about the basic though.

i had the SS's on my coupe, but no cone dodging for me, road course only baby ;)
i thought they were great on the track and the street. i have the HA's on my del sol now, my coupe was stolen so all that is gone. I like the HA better on the track, but is pretty uncomfortable on the street. ss is a great suspension for your daily driver and weekend autoxer/road course car. on daily just soften up the dampers and when at the track tighten them up to make it stiffer.
enjoy

Back