Tein Ss Or Ground Controls?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 12 2003, 01:33 AM
for only a couple hundred more, IMO, its well worth the cash.

i wish i had done it right from the start.
intead, im out 200 for ractive coilovers, and 500 for koni yellows.

so i spent 700 on suspension that was shit. 300 more, and i have the baddest ass handleing ive ever had

Well , I'd have to disagree there.
I only spent $460 for my KYB AGX / Neuspeed Sport set-up
I can't comment on it other than price at the moment since they aren't installed yet.
To get a true coilover which I wasn't looking for. Who's got time to corner balance a car anyway.
I would of had to spend another $640. too much imho to justify the difference.

I also think it depends on your sole use of the car. daily driver or weekend warrior.
daily driver I wouldn't do it. weekend warrior I'd prolly get a true coilover system.

and with that extra $640 I ended up buyin rota's and a skunk2 shifter. more bang for the buck.

my .03

well, it isn't like you have to corner blance your car, you can measure from the bottom of the collars to the start of the threads on the coilovers and it would be just as good as getting "lowering springs", well better because the shocks are matched to the springs. but, i have yet to corner balance my car, and i'm taking it out to the track next weekend, without a balance. lets see how i do, hehe, it doesn't really feel off when driving it, but i've never been in a truely balanced car.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 13 2003, 02:54 AM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=408749 $600 bucks y0!!!

I am thinking about it. They even come with the control arms

But b. i check out the weights on the Anzies, Goodyear f1s, and the S03 pole postions, Lightest tire, the S03's.

S03 21 lbs
Goodyear Gs-D3 25 lbs
Anzies (shipping weight) 22.6 lbs

Plus out of all these, the S03's have a longer tread life and acording to TireRack.com, have better handling then the Goodyears. (but the enizies are probally a tad sticker)

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 13 2003, 10:24 PM
Plus out of all these, the S03's have a longer tread life and acording to TireRack.com, have better handling then the Goodyears. (but the enizies are probally a tad sticker)

Wow. I didn't think the S-03s would be the lightest. I didn't care though... I just wanted grip. I personally doubt that the Azenis stick better than the S0-3s, but I could be wrong- my S-03s just have an obscene amount of grip!

Plus they are a higher speed rating, W compared to V (i wont need that for a while saying i have never gone past 115) plus they are only a tad more per tire (79) Only thing, the anzies and the F1's look cooler :fr:

If you're looking at the 195/50/15 size, that's a steal for those tires. If you're running 205/50/15 like me, they're a lot more... other sizes are expensive too. I like that 168mph rating though. Comes in handy when you're over 149mph....

:lol:

But b., checked up on the HR's, they dont have adjustable dampering capabilities.

Note: HA & HR are the same except HA have 16 levels of damping/rebound adjustability and HR doesn't have damping/adjustable rebound capabilities.

As you said, you have them on 8's and they are pretty rough. I dont want something that is comfrontable for the road and then use them on the track with the same forces. I would rather have all nice and soft ride around town and then when i go to the track, crank it up to the teens for a real stiff, race car feeling.

I am probally going to get that used set of HA's off of chris.

teins even on the lightest setting are still stiff as fuck.

if your back can't handel it, good suspension probably isn't for you. Just trying to let you know what you are getting into.
a honda on teins, even allthe way down, will ride NOTHING like stock, and couldn't be further from a cadalac.

i didn't know the hr's were non-adj. fuck that then :p

my buddy Trey used S0-3's on his ITR religiously for 3 years. then he switched to azenis, and now runs consistantly 2 secs faster at his home track.

azenis > s0-3s

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 15 2003, 01:20 AM
my buddy Trey used S0-3's on his ITR religiously for 3 years. then he switched to azenis, and now runs consistantly 2 secs faster at his home track.

azenis > s0-3s

At the track, I'll run track tires on 8 pound rims. On the street, I'll stick with my S-03s. :p :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 15 2003, 05:05 AM
At the track, I'll run track tires on 8 pound rims.

:werd:

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 16 2003, 12:18 AM-->
@Feb 15 2003, 05:05 AM
At the track, I'll run track tires on 8 pound rims.

:werd:

If i had the cash, i would but i will just have to stick with the C8's i bought from jason. Pretty much all my racing will be at autoX's and also 1 time a year at the strips (national highschool drags). I do hope to one time, try out a road course once I have my car finished but I dont think that will happen until august.

but the hoosiers are DOT approved :D

Back