1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tein Vs H&r

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by CRX_Si, May 12, 2003.

1. CRX_Si

CRX_Si Senior Member

i am shopping for lowering springs for my 91 crx si. would you all recomend the tien springs(not coilovers cause i dont sh#t money) or H&Rs of the same caliber? or are there any other suggestions for springs under $300? thanks

2. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I haven't tried em out yet but I bought a set of neuspeed springs , I've only heard what others have had to say about em.

3. evcivic

evcivic Junior Member

yea i agree do the neuspeed springs they r pretty cheap in price and pretty good on the road

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

eibachs are good. you can get a set of pro-kit springs for around $219 or a set of sportlines for around $189. the sportlines are actually beter IMO (lower & stiffer)

5. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

i havnt really heard much about the tein springs but i know h&r's kick ass and i want some for my 88 civic mass bad. but i need kyb agx's tho/. or koni yellows

6. doofnoil

doofnoil Senior Member

I just put H&R SPORT springs and Kyb gr2's on my 91 DX with some cheap strut and tie bars. I like the way it rides, I can take a corner pretty damn fast and my stock tires don't squeal, just a little chirp here and there. I'm satisfied with the roll and pitch in corners, and the ride comfort isn't too harsh, it feels like like it's a little stiffer than a new stock setup when I'm just putting around town, jutts in the road make my care sound like it's about to fall apart because of the shocks but other that that it's pretty smooth. I Got the SPORT springs not the OE's

7. importimage

importimage Senior Member

Go with Neuspeed sport springs. In my opinin they are the best, but if you are color driven and must have red, get the H&R's.

:fr:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted