Tein

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have always thought it was tee-in, or maybe tee-yen...
then again this from a guy who talks like Spicoli from fast times at ridgemont high. I still cannot pronounce mugen right... :lol:

i pronounce it TEEN

te (short e) ee (long e) n

quiz: how do u pronounce 5ziggen?? :blink:

Mr. Yoshio Fujimoto, the Managing Director of Tein, Inc., and Mr. Motomichi Kanai, Sales Planning Manager, paid a visit to 3SX in September 2002. Not Tein USA, but the headquarters in Japan! We were excited to meet them and talk with them about their products. They had a demo unit of the EDFC (Electronic Damping Force Controller) that was very cool. The control box is very simple to use this would seem to be a requisite addition for anyone getting the Teins - being able to instantly switch between ride settings is awesome! Funny story... They walk in late that evening, about 6:00, and say "Hello, we are from Tein." I immediately look over at Steve and say, "Well, I guess that answers the question of how you pronounce it! BTW, Tein is pronounced with a long A, like tane. It was a pleasure to meet you Mr. Fujimoto and Mr, Kanai!! thank you for visiting 3SX Performance!

info is from this page:
http://www.3sxperformance.com/suspension-vertical.asp

YOUR WELCOME :p

How is mugen pronouced, is it MOO-gen or MUG-IN?

I have heard it called

TEEN
Tie-ann
Tayne kinda like with Mark Twain
TAN
or how I say it
TEE-IN

It's pronounced TANE with the long A like rixXxceboy said. I say Mu-Gen, I've heard some crazy shyt though from ricers at my school. "Yo Tony, I'm gonna hook up some of those MUGEENE carbon fiber altezzas this weekend, wanna help?" :kick:

i been to tha TEIN spot u say it like this :: tay'n ...... they are really cool guyz as long as u dont tell them ur idiotic ideas of rice racing ...... when u speak of auto-X or mountain racing, they really listen to you ........ all-motor civics (mainly JDM clean style hatches and coupes) or like sil-80 swaps ........ i kno this is off topic but like just ask kool questions, Signal and Bomex are so laid back if u talk seriously ......

Originally posted by chris@May 17 2003, 03:30 AM
te (short e) ee (long e) n

quiz: how do u pronounce 5ziggen?? :blink:

"5" is pronounced "go" or something like that
"ziggen" i pronounce "zig'n" (like zig-zag)

UPDATE: INDISPUTABLE PROOF!....

pick up an issue of the june Import Tuner at your newstand and turn to page 131. there is a full-page TEIN ad. at the top of the page is the word TEIN with the pronunciation printed next to it in parenthesis. It says "(tan)" with a dash over the "a", so its pronounced Tain/Tane. Also, it shows that the name TEIN is derived from the words TEchnical INnovation.

ok, i know this thread is geting old but i have wondered about Falken "Ziex" for awhile. is it "zeeks" or "zee-ecks"?

Back