Teins vs. tokicos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

H22AdelSol

Hey saw the Tein Type BASIC Damper Coilover Kit pm ebay for my del sol- $639.
Just wondering how much better these are then tokico illuminas with ground control coilovers? Basically are these worth buying and selling my tokicos?

They are better than the Tokico/GC setup because the springs are actually rated for the dampers they come with rather than just shock/strut+spring guesswork. Plus Tein ownz.

:werd:

tein is amazing, and you will always get a better ride with springs that were designed for a shock/strut then with a package you built.

i say get um.

will the springs be fine for my h22 swap? those teins are made for a del sol which has most a b16 which is way lighter than an h series...

Originally posted by H22AdelSol@Feb 24 2004, 08:25 PM
basically what happens with my skunk2's is that since my car is low it bottoms out real hard.

raise your car up
your geometry is all fucked up being that low
you will handle FAR better when at a propper ride height (ride comfort AND cornering ability)

fuckin stunnaZ
:bash:

i like the tein s tech springs because i used to have coilovers on my 93 civic coupe and it rides stiff..but when i put on my tein springs rides smooth

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 24 2004, 08:13 PM
Hmmm.... I dunno. The shocks are adjustable so i imagine you could stiffen them up front.

The Tein Basics do NOT have adjustable damping/rebound- only the spring preload is adjustable.

will tein basics be good enough for im looking for? I want a really stiff ride that can handle as good as it will get with this engine.

Depends... I would get something with adjustable damping. If you're looking to buy the Basics, the Tein SS aren't that much more- and they're fully adjustable.

i think i paid that much for my HA's. get the HA's or SS's (SS has more comfortable street ride) both are 16 dampening adjustable and height adjustable. with the HA's you'll need ITR rear LCA's

Back