Tell me a little about your Honda experience.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

True, but I haven't done much to it yet. Just maintenance, tearing it all apart to wire it up, tires, dyno etc... nothing big. ;)

Oh, and all the countless hours I've spent helping to tune people's cars at Intercrew.

well i started with the a 88crx dx and i picked it from looking through a super street magazine back when i was 15. got it before i turned 16 and but stupid money into lights, bodykits hood blah blah gay. that was until i seen a little blue delsol and it had a sticker on the back that said hondaswap.com. so i checked it out and changed my whole look on hondas.

bought another crx and did a ls swap drove to nc and smoked like a bitch when i got back. decided to build a na b20 with a p8r head put money into that and said fuck it i want alot of power. sold it got a sleeved ge block and its been a year and have not fucked with it. in between i turboed a ef hatch and was cool for a minute. i have done a few swaps, turbo kits and whole suspension/brake kit on my own cars and friends. now i am broke as hell and can not finish my project.

Hey B, where can i get pics of ur legendary sol?

I learned what I know from doing it. I started in 96 modding other peoples cars and making intakes for cars that didnt have any available back then. I really got hooked when I ordered an AEM cold air intake in 97 and gained .3 in the 1/4 to put me at 15.4 with a crx si with a muffler. Back then there were companies like lightspeed, rs akimoto, sheep dog etc. The import scene was pretty cool back then.

I started with an 89 crx si, then a 91 crx si, 96 integra rs, 00 prelude vtec, 95 civic hb lsvtec. I have learned a lot as well from this site or honda-tech.

started off with the usual 16 year old straight off the F&F bandwagon crap...audio and looks.
Since then I've turbo'd 3 friend's cars. done two friend's motor swaps. Turbo'd my own si which put down 280 corrected whp.
Now I'm refreshing some of the older parts getting ready to hit 300whp UNcorrected at 13 psi.

I've never built a motor or torn into a transmission. those are things I would like to do here soon, just dont have the time or money.

89 Acura Integra. I slammed it. Intake/header/exhaust. Ended up swapping it but just for a better motor and tranny from a lower mileage.

93 Civic Si HB-All the bolt ons and body mods one can imagine. Everything down to the roll bar and three spoilers. I wrecked it many times, and rebuilt it. I had no taste at all, and 4 different colors was cool to me.

90 CRX HB-DX - Converted it to Si parts.. Lowered it. I/h/e. Wasn't going well. Swapped in a d16z6. Did some exterior mods and stereo stuff.

93 Prelude Si 4WS-Pretty much stock. Did a lot of stock repairs except I put on some brembo's all around, and upgraded the lines with SS lines. Nice rims/tires. Stereo mods. HID's. Intake. Little exterior things. Lots of stock repairs. Broke 110k and fell to pieces from my driving.

Now I own an 07 Scion TC and I just ordered an Injen Intake and some new lights for it.

I mostly do just real light stuff to my cars. Nothing major. I like to try and keep their resale values high. I kind of just traded up. Sold every one for a profit.

Hey B, where can i get pics of ur legendary sol?

Blasphemy! No one shall ever speak of that car again! :ph34r:

I still remeber B posting about how he was leaking oil onto the exhaust somewhere - totally freaking out about the turbo mani and the head, and then realized that he forgot to put the dipstick back in. :D

I'm only 17 so I dont have much experiance but here goes.

First - 1998 Civic LX, my friend chris, who's about, 2-3 years older than me lived up the street from me, I came by his house once cause I heard a load of noise and I saw this blue LX sittin there, of course, I asked if i could help and told'im I've done some work on dirt bikes and basic maintinance on my parents other car ( it's a bucket, eitherway ) so I helped him with that from the time I was 15 to about..16 and a half. then he went off to college, took the car with'im, but he comes down every now and then so we can chill and whatnot..total ricer..

Second - me and my friend nick bought a 1996 Civic EX from a dealer up in denver. Nick's 18, he'll be 19 on the 7th, and yea, he was lookin for someone to help him pay for it and I had been workin for about..5 months and had enough cash to cover about half the charge, so, of course nick bein a guy I really trusted, I was all " yea, alright dude, as long as it's half and half on ownership and I get to drive it every now and then." he agree'd. First thing we did was contact this guy we know who has a '94 integra..yea..he riced that shit out, not much by way as obvious performance parts, but more so new headers, gaskets, pistons, piston rings, ect.. so..he hooked us up with this guy down at ZCSpeed downtown colorado springs. the guy down there said it's best to start with air Intake, Nick had just gotten his pay check and we were all, "alright..I've heard AEM are good." then the guy was all, " yea, AEM are a great company, you'll probablly want a Cold Air Intake." and of course me bein a dumbass back then asked why. he put it simple, " Cold air is denser than warm air. " I said, " aand??", he looked me like I was an idiot and said, " Cold air has more oxygen. " then i got it..and yea...here I am, 17 years old, still workin the same dead end job and at the same time trying to manage my school work and keep things goin with my GF..yea...it's tough, but yea..I try..

sorry if I got a bit wordy

Peace.
- NightCat

i'm here to learn. i'm 26 and i bought my first honda last year. 88 crx hf. its strange all my life i've been the muscle car & hotrod type. i've owned a 65 and a 66 mustangs. i drove to school my jr. & sr. years in a 65 ford falcon futura 2 dr. it was a total 20 yard car, but it had that front bench seat for late night cruises with whoever the flavor of the week was.. any how i saw a crx and I knew i had to have one. so i got one and now it must go faster.

I'm the same as Speed, actually. I was into V8 performance, and worked on cars from age 14. Then I got into Toyotas, Then VW and then into a CRX (The Gutless wonder, I used to call them). I'm now into just about anything with 4 wheels, from Dune Buggies to Muscle, to Rat rods and concept cars.

I will always be a big fan of Honda. Well, Certain hondas. no wait, I guess just Civic Hatchbacks and CRXs.

Yeah, that's about all I like from Honda.

My ol 86 Accord. First car, only car. Owned her for going on 7 years. I've slowly done mods, getting the few parts where I can scrounge them up. Intake, header, exhaust, cam & gear, MSD, AFC, front and rear bars, so on and so forth. Toss in a bit of audio and you've just about got it. Fun lil car, great on gas and throws people off guard :)

Now all I have to do is win the war on rust and I'm set.

Back