Tell me about chipping ECU's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just got a tune from my tuner for my d15b. Didn't get the dyno sheet, but after 5 hours we hame 144hp/119tq. Not bad from a 1.5. 127hp stock. The tuner said if I continue on and get my skunk2 tb and intake mani, new injectors and my zex cams, I can probably break the 150's if not the 160s(unlikely but still would be cool)

I just got a tune from my tuner for my d15b. Didn't get the dyno sheet, but after 5 hours we hame 144hp/119tq. Not bad from a 1.5. 127hp stock. The tuner said if I continue on and get my skunk2 tb and intake mani, new injectors and my zex cams, I can probably break the 150's if not the 160s(unlikely but still would be cool)
no doubt about it that you could break 160 hp from that stuff.
but what did you tune with?? and what are the mods?

Tuner had his own software, said even if I bought hondata s300 he wouldn't tune on it (i guess to make me come back when I go f/i so he can make another 450$).
Just intake, headers and full exhaust, no cat 2.5'. I'm gonna keep the p28 and have it hooked to hondata and try to learn the basics of street tuning, but other than that i'm happy.

Tuner had his own software, said even if I bought hondata s300 he wouldn't tune on it (i guess to make me come back when I go f/i so he can make another 450$).
Just intake, headers and full exhaust, no cat 2.5'. I'm gonna keep the p28 and have it hooked to hondata and try to learn the basics of street tuning, but other than that i'm happy.

That's a very good point to consider...
Having someone else Tune your car every time you make adjustments or add bolt-ons can become expensive at that rate! I would love Hondata if I weren't so cheap. I think it's worth the money though.

Thanks for the Rep Injen, I am Infamous on Honda Swap? :shuriken:

A Hondata would be overkill. Maybe if you were running a turbo. I wouldn't even bother tuning something with just i/h/e. You're not going to get much out of it for what it'll cost you.

we just had a guy in ct tune and made alot more power out of just i/h/e..i didnt know the gains were so much to be honest with you..

Back