Tell me what ya think:

Red Headed Stepchild

• Pass it up, shop for something else entirely.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep the Broodwagon and continue shopping for one that's already what you want.

• I fart

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the difference is going to be the change between vtec and just running big cams.

I think the neovvl heads are also built a little bit better and are made to get into higher rev ranges.

T-Minus 24 hours and counting.

I have 3 trailers reserved. The primary, secondary CT trailer and the secondary NH trailer. It's insured. I have a trunk full of spare parts. I have a primary and secondary team of people. I have a place to stay mid-way if necessary. I have 2 people on standby for emergency extractions.

Nothing can go wrong tomorrow.

No, it was actually smooth. The only problem I ran into was that the trailer's 3 wire plug was male, the one on the truck was male. So I gave it some religion and got ahold of a gender-bender and was on my way.

The Durango towed it well, should have brought the load levellers, but it was ok at 60mph. And 12 mpg. Eek. But we had Black Hawk Down playing on the truck's DVD, the mid seats folded down, two people kickin it in back watching TV and me driving. It was a blast.

The car: Pretty much as promised, if not expected. The front end is HAMMERED. It will require new sway bars, possibly a new LCA and definately new tie rod ends. And a passenger CV / halfshaft. The rust wasn't as bad as expected, by far. The underside of the car was rusty on the suspension pieces, but the chassis is great. The bumpers were rusty, and the rear sway bar. No rot, believe it or not. So if I stop this rust before it gets bad, I'll be good.

The front fenders are coming off, and the front nose is slightly warped on the tips. Not a big deal. The electrical was played with, and the cluster lights flicker momentarily when I turn them on. But all gauges are "Go" and everything works.

The kid was shady as hell. But I demanded and recieved lots of paperwork. He said he was selling it for some money, and he got a newer Maxima, but he had a plasma TV hanging above the fireplace, a cinema-display-quality monitor on his high end Dimension XPS, and autographed Pink Floyd albums on the wall. He said he took the bus to work.

So I looked the car over, and for what I saw I thought that $500 straight up wasn't too bad. Of course, my friends were egging me on: "Give him $400 or $450". But I don't play by those rules. He prolly got the car for free and and thought enough to get rid of it as soon as possible. No biggy.

The front end clicked when I was loading it onto the trailer. Turn the wheel, clang. The front end was very vocal. It wasn't until I loaded it at home that I noticed the passenger wheel wobbling so much I thought it would come off.

The Civic is STILL in the garage. I stripped the screw in the back of the wheel cylinder last night at 3:00 am trying to get it ready to deliver today. So I have 3 cars again, none that really work. I am loading a new alternator into the Loyale tomorrow, and I have a woman coming to look at it.

But I covered all my bases, and did good by my means. I'll have more photos up for you all later, more than likely tomorrow.

Also, it has a Kenwood second generation sleath face plate head unit, Fosgate amps and two Rockford Fosgate 10" speaker boxes.

And the wheels are damned light too. I would say 14 pounds in 16".

So if the car were to evaporate and I had 30 minutes to get some parts, I would grab the t-tops, radio and wheels and be done with the $500.

Now to buy lots of suspension gear.

Well, I crawled underneath the car and it's floorboards, and it looks good. Should I dig further into it ?

Also, I pulled the major dent last night. Looks good from 20 feet away.

UPDATE:

The Front end is tightened, and the hubs are re-greased. The bearings are stiff, so I may replace / relube them. The Axle appears damaged, but the CV moves freely and well. The car no longer clicks (The tie-rod end was loose). I'm taking it for an alignment next week and it's new tires. Will find out more then.

Pics coming tonight, and the Blog will be started.

Back