Tell the worst car you had ever drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Zachary

Tell the worst car you had ever drive
random.gif

Me: Pinto OMG

1981 chevy citation (v6!) with a crushed in quarter panel. Bought it for $250 for a goof around car. Painted every interior panel a different color with spray paint. You could rev it up to red line, turn off the key, and right before it died, turn the key back on.. and it would spit flames 15 feet out the back, taking bits of rusty muffler with it. I drove it like a dune buggy and tore the shit out of it. The headlights weren't bolted to anything so every time you hit a bump they would shine in different directions. Everywhere but the road.

I sold it for $75 having torn it all to hell and blown every gear except reverse. It was a fun thing to play with though.

1987? Toyota Tercel.

My dad bought it for stupid cheap, it had a constant stream of gas coming from a line. Learned how to drive stick in it, 4 on the floor. The previous owner did body work with duct tape since the paint was near color and texture of duct tape. My dad eventually rear ended a truck with it. Crinkled front end, not a scratch on the truck.

on second thought, id say the 91 explorer I had. 4.0 5spd, ugly as sin, bad exhaust, cracked windsheild, brakes that would lock up if I hit them too hard, and id have to pump them to get them to unfreeze, wiring for the fuel pump ran over the exhaust, got melted, and eventually broke, front end so bad that I had a music teacher tell me that I needed a wheel bearing, and it sounded like grandma falling down the stairs carrying a stack of board games when I went over railroad tracks.

Jeep Grand Wagoneer...with really bad alignment and really bad brakes. I was towing a Toyota pickup with it too, so even worse.

95 sundance auto with 200,000+. That thing wouldnt get out of its own way. If you were at a stop light you had to give a 3 car gap so you could get it going by the time the light turned green. It was scary

Slammed 89 Integra.

It wasblack, on 18's with a rice muffler. I dropped it 3.5" and put a huge system in it.

Or my very famous 93 civic hatch si. It was 3 different colors (not on purpose), was always having problems, and very very riced out. Helllllaaaa stickers. Not much go.

1997 Chevy 2500. It is one of our work trucks. It only has 60,000 miles but the whole thing shakes like it is going to fall apart. You press down on the brakes and it takes a few seconds for them to even grab and when it does grab it barely does. I actually cannot drive it anymore. Blew the motor with only 60,000 miles. If that is not bad enough one of our early turbo diesel Ford shuttles with close to 300,000 miles. This is really scary to drive because when you pull out on to the busy roads you have to floor it and wait about 5 seconds for even the motor to start moving. It is pretty shitty especially when your driving it and there are 20 people on looking at it like it is going to blow up.

91 mazda protoge...5 speed,blown rear struts,bald ass tires and the clutch was so worn u didnt have to give it gas to go.it would slowly catch and go,if you pushed the gas just a little to hard and unsteady it would slip and rev to hell and back,drivers window was off track,passengers window was plexi and didnt roll down,burned oil and had really ticky lifters,,,
loaded it up with metal,took it to the scrap yard and got $240 for the whole deal

2005ish Chevrolet Colorado pickups.

Those things are absolutely horrid. The seats suck, the pedals suck, the ergonomics suck, the steering wheel sucks, the doors are heavy and awkward.

The one day I had to drive that thing, I'm glad I never have to again.

89 mazda b2200 5spd

it burned a quart of oil a week had no muffler and we had a piece of pipe covering where the dipstick was. i only paid 600 for it and i got my money out of it

86 Grand Am.

3.0 V6 automatic. All those GM v6's had the exhausts tuned so they sounded like they had flowmasters.

I was 16 and I drove it like it was a Ferrari. What an asshole.

87 SAAB 900s
non turbo
bought it in desperation for a car.
it was ugly as sin. i sank low in the seat to avoid being seen in it, then the muffler fell off.
i owned it in the summer, 100+degrees, and the vents ALWAYS blew hot ass air from the bay.
wiring was fucked
suspension was fucked

and the brakes
oh the brakes.
the saab of that generation, not sure about the new ones, had the parking break on the front calipers.
well, most all caliper parking breakes have to be spun in, just like the rears on an integra etc. well, the universal tool that you can buy doesnt fit. no auto parts store in middle tn carries the proper size.
i called everywhere.
when i called saab they literally laughed at me when i told them. said they havnt seen one of those in forever, and dont touch cars that old.
now, this is the front breaks, and the ebrake as well.
when they went out, it was no fun trip home.

Back