Telling B16 motors apart?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
The b16a2 is a USDM engine only. It ONLY came in the USDM 99-00 Si and Canadian SiR's. So, if it says b16a2 on the block (the stamp is on the distributor side of the block, in the front below the head), then it's a USDM engine.

I'm not sure if the b16a1 will have b16a1 stamped on the block though. Never seen one up close.
Only in Japan, almost everywhere else had B16A1, B16A2, I have a non US OBD I B16A2 from Germany.

Quoted post[/post]]
no, on first gen b16's out of 88-91 civic's and crx's the serial started with a 1. 2nd gen b16's from 92+ civic's started with a 5.

No. My buddy has a 1st gen b16 in his crx. The serial starts with a 5 and we couldn't use the intermediate shaft on it with DA axles because it was from an SiR and was too long. Whereas my first gen b16's serial started with a 1 and I was able to use the the intermediate shaft with DA axles no problem. I'm 100% sure of this. I have first hand experience with both motors and what problems occur with which ones.

Back