Temp Gauge / Cold Weather ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fallenangel975

Hello, I've got an 88 Civic DX 4-Door. I live in NY, and it recently was VERY cold up here (0 deg F) for a few days. Anyway, I noticed that the temp gauge on my dash will go straight to "C" when coasting or stopped, even after driving. The heat suffers as well when it does this, and on the mega cold days up here, this is not a good thing. To me, it sounds like the thermostat almost sticking open a tad. The last week or so, it has been roughly 30-40 degrees and the thing is fine. Perfect heat, fans come on as normal, etc...

I don't believe this is normal and don't recall it doing this last year. I'm pretty much in the know when it comes to cars, was big into the V8 game a few years ago, but I figured that I would run this by everyone to see what thoughts there were.

Thanks a ton!

Sounds like you already know what it is ;). Change the thermostat, its the cheapest part in your cooling system, so you cant go wrong anyway. Good luck :thumbsup:

Back