1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temp Guage Acting Weird

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by turbo99, May 11, 2006.

1. turbo99

turbo99 Member

I drove my car for 20 min and I noticed that my temp guage wasn't working. I stepped on the gas kinda hard and noticed that it jumped a little and went up to a little under half way which is normal. After a full stop, it went all the way down again, and then I gased it a little and it went back to normal. Also, when I gas it, the temp needle moves a little. I turn the car off and back on, it is working normally now.

Do you think it is the O2 sensor that is loose on the downpipe? When I took my car to a shop yesterday to extend the downpipe, this problem happened. They did use a new gasket. Any ideas?

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

better safe than sorry, look.

3. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

Odd coincidence, but o2 sensors have nothing to do with engine temp. Sounds like your thermostat is sticking open.

4. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

why dont u check your coolant temp sensor on the side of the head and make sure its connected good....maybe even clean the contact......dunno fo sho tho

5. ilwill

ilwill Junior Member

i had the same prob. it wound up being just a loose ground wire so maby check all your grounds

6. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

Still sounds like the thermostat wanting to stick open. Did you figure it out?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted