Temp. Liscence Plates

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldEMaltLiQuoR

I got temp plates on my car until early Jan '05. Should I go register the car, or use the plates till they expire?

I don't think there's any fines for not registering your car and just using temp.s.

what would you do?

Originally posted by OldEMaltLiQuoR@Dec 16 2004, 11:33 AM
I got temp plates on my car until early Jan '05. Should I go register the car, or use the plates till they expire?

I don't think there's any fines for not registering your car and just using temp.s.

what would you do?
[post=433155]Quoted post[/post]​

If it was me stay with the temp. ones. Just me... :D :)

in some states those temps only last as long as it would take to get ur registered plates - mn takes 2 months in some circuimstances to get plates , and i here some states are far worse - order them now to save your self some trouble

Maybe you should ask your state's RMV department. Every state is different. Is your car currently covered by car insurance? Whatever you do, just make sure you have coverage... especially since it's winter.

Well here in Texas the Department of Texas Transportation doesnt keep tabs on those things thats why I said keep them... but every state is different.

over here you have to register in order to get inspection. if you dont get it inspected expect a fine in the mail.

Well in MA, we don't have temporary plates, but we need to at least process the retitling paperwork and give MA the sales tax within 14 days. The penalty for the late processing of the bill of sale and application for a new title is really minimal though. But anyways, just give a quick call to your state's RMV office.

most state DMVs have license plates on hand there at your local DMV. i say go ahead and get them now while you have the money that way you dont have to scramble to get the cash together to get your plates on the day they expire.

Back