1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temp. Liscence Plates

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by OldEMaltLiQuoR, Dec 16, 2004.

1. OldEMaltLiQuoR

OldEMaltLiQuoR Senior Member

I got temp plates on my car until early Jan '05. Should I go register the car, or use the plates till they expire?

I don't think there's any fines for not registering your car and just using temp.s.

what would you do?

2. hondamidnighter

hondamidnighter Senior Member

If it was me stay with the temp. ones. Just me... :D :)

3. b204dr

b204dr Senior Member

in some states those temps only last as long as it would take to get ur registered plates - mn takes 2 months in some circuimstances to get plates , and i here some states are far worse - order them now to save your self some trouble

4. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Maybe you should ask your state's RMV department. Every state is different. Is your car currently covered by car insurance? Whatever you do, just make sure you have coverage... especially since it's winter.

5. hondamidnighter

hondamidnighter Senior Member

Well here in Texas the Department of Texas Transportation doesnt keep tabs on those things thats why I said keep them... but every state is different.

6. OldEMaltLiQuoR

OldEMaltLiQuoR Senior Member

I have coverage for the car.

I guess I figured I could save some cash for xmass if I didn't have to register and get plates.

7. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

over here you have to register in order to get inspection. if you dont get it inspected expect a fine in the mail.

8. 94RedSiGal

94RedSiGal Senior Member

Well in MA, we don't have temporary plates, but we need to at least process the retitling paperwork and give MA the sales tax within 14 days. The penalty for the late processing of the bill of sale and application for a new title is really minimal though. But anyways, just give a quick call to your state's RMV office.

9. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

most state DMVs have license plates on hand there at your local DMV. i say go ahead and get them now while you have the money that way you dont have to scramble to get the cash together to get your plates on the day they expire.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted