Temperature Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

Yo... My car warms up normally and after i drive for awhile it has begun to slowly overheat all the way until the temp gauge needle surpasses the "H" ... of course i stopped asap, but the first time was due to lack of coolant... (yea .. im a dumbass).... anyways it happens now everytime i drive.. i have to put my heater up all the way and not accelerate really just to drive it without overheating. i am going to install a new thermostat soon but im unsure as to if that will help.. any ideas whats up here?? i am growing tired of my D15B7 i think its time for a b16... gonna get a loan for it.... thanks for any comments.

sounds like you ran it low on coolant, and then overheated it and warped the head or blew the headgasket...

congrats...

if changing the thermo doesn't help try running it without a thermo...

time for a headgasket or a swap...

damn. maybe the thermostat was sticking. leaky coolant like recked said or your fans arent coming on. Maybe low oil...now that would suck

Shit.

I just got done almost totally paying my friend off ( I owed him 500 bucks )
Still owe him 55. I owe other friend 275, my credit card 500 or so...

I make 8.50 an hour but i pay 55 a week for insurance and i got union dues every month. So gay. How the F$k do i afford a swap..??? i was thinking about applying for a loan....

:werd:

before you jump to conclusions about the head though, try fixing the thermostat-

And check the head to see if it's warped, but don't assume and spend needless money

If its not the themo you're F'd. If you warped the block, the best thing is to is sell the car and buy one that is not broke @$$.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Mar 22 2005, 01:51 PM
If its not the themo you're F'd. If you warped the block, the best thing is to is sell the car and buy one that is not broke @$$.
[post=477091]Quoted post[/post]​

yup. shit man the thermostat is cheap. Back in my young days my dad would just take the thermostat completely off....forever :lol: and the old truck ran just fine. If its a head problem seel that bish. trust me i spent at least 2500 on my rex to get it in presentable shape,fuckin completetly dynomated,18 inch gunmetal wheel, fresh paint job and extra motor d16z6 (the motor in the car was D15B vtec). All was sold for $1,900. that doesnt include all the months of headaches either. :angry: ohh well you live and learn.

good luck with your ride

yeah i had a 90 si that should have died 5 years ago, but it didn't. it wasn't the thermo, it was the switch. i'm not saying this is your problem, but run the car at idle, and see if after 5-10 minutes the radiator fan will switch on. if it doesn't it's a problem with your relay to that fan. i bypassed this ghetto-style with a straight up switch in the cabin that would provide +12v to my radiator fan when i chose to.

on the highway, switch off....sitting at a stoplight, switch way the f* on.

hope this helps,

-j

lmao, ghetto rigs amuse me a great deal...
lol

i don't think his is a fan problem though... but that would def be better than a headgasket problem...

don't care, you are taking advice from someone that is losing his license for 3 years. take what you want from what i've provided. i realize my situation is f* up, but if it helps you i'm happy.

and for redneck...

ghetto rigs make the world go 'round. i'm an engineer, i care about functionality, not aesthetics.

peace out, love your ride, but don't be afraid to kill it

-j

lol, don't get me wrong, i'm definately not knocking your solution...

and i dunno how everyone gets redneck out of reckedracing :shrug2:

Make sure you bleed the air out of the system, alot of people forget to do that and it causes problems. Just crack the valve open, its usually near the thermostat. Fill up the radiator until you see fluid come out of it, close it back up and your done.

Back