temperature problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Correct, As norcalgsr said sometimes you can get a bad one out of the box. My recommendation is if the one you have is bent take it back if it's not too late and get a new one. When you get the new one put it in a pot with some water and bring it to a boil. When it's boiling take it off the stove let the bubbles clear and you can see the thermostat open as the water cools the thermostat will close. You will be able to see it. If it's working correctly put it in your car make sure you put it in the right way or you could mess it up.

ok gotcah i will do u think i maybey coulda put the first one in the wrong way ?? lol dont you put the part with the spring in first ?

Depending on the car I've seen them go in either way so I'd make sure.

ooo shyt... u have to adjust that too i think i kno what i did wrong i dont think i adjusted the arrow thing i member thinking humm should i turn it this way that way etc and then just put it in.. lol soo wat ima do is take my old one and put it in the boiling water and if taht one opens up it should be good right and i just installed it wrong correct ??

Back