Temperature Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

I had a diagnostic test done yesterday and one of the things they told me I needed was the temperature sensor that controls my "fan", as the fan behind the rad is running constantly. Problem is I don't have a freakin' clue where that is? Is that actually what it is called...just the temperature sensor or is there another name for it?

Thanks for the help...

Jason

The Coolant temperature sensor is somewhere by the thermostat housing, if you know where the thermostat is, it should be around there.

I was also told that there are two of them...A "switch" (the one u describe) and a "sending unit"...which one do I need...one is $50...one is $20. :unsure:

Jason

Well the sending unit is by the thermostat housing, the switch is on the fan. Which one doesnt work? I would guess the sending unit is busted because if its fucked, there might be a backup type system that turns the switch on to compensate for it being fucked up. But that last sentence is just out of my ass, cuz if the switch was broken it wouldnt turn on, soooo i would guess sending unit.

Would both of these parts off of the D15B2 that I just pulled work/fit on the B1 that is in there now?

Thanks

Jason

Originally posted by NoJokE@Jan 9 2004, 05:11 PM
Well the sending unit is by the thermostat housing, the switch is on the fan. Which one doesnt work? I would guess the sending unit is busted because if its fucked, there might be a backup type system that turns the switch on to compensate for it being fucked up. But that last sentence is just out of my ass, cuz if the switch was broken it wouldnt turn on, soooo i would guess sending unit.

The temp sending unit is on the head just below the dist. (1 wire) to run the gauge, the thermo sensor is ON the thermo housing, two wires, 22mm wrench if memory serves and little torque- just snug. What's a B1?

Back