Tenzo R seat quality?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

I'm looking at the Tenzo R seats on Ebay for $399 for the pair. Just wondering how the quality of these seats are? The look good to me but i want them to last. Also how are they compared to the higher end Recaros and Sparcos?? What is really the difference? also if anyone has any pics of them in a EG it would be great. thanks

My buddy had them and thry fell apart. The plastic pieces that the safety belt goes through fall apart real easily. Seats are comfortable though.
Go with Brides.

I've never been impressed with the quality of Tenzo-R seats. After a year, the fabric starts to fade and shred- and the padding isn't really all that comfortable or long lasting either.

Think of it like this, spend 600 or more + shipping on a pair of sparcos that will last what 2-3 years. Or get a pair of cheap ebay seats for 250 shipped that will last a year and a half, ebay still wins. But that's just my opinion, I'm about to buy some ebay seats and see how well they work out for me, i don't care about brand name on anything, as long as it does it's job for as long as I expect it to then it's fine for me.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 23 2004, 10:42 PM
Think of it like this, spend 600 or more + shipping on a pair of sparcos that will last what 2-3 years. Or get a pair of cheap ebay seats for 250 shipped that will last a year and a half, ebay still wins. But that's just my opinion, I'm about to buy some ebay seats and see how well they work out for me, i don't care about brand name on anything, as long as it does it's job for as long as I expect it to then it's fine for me.
[post=380786]Quoted post[/post]​

i think what u meant to say is u get what u pay for

what about race seats for us, umm, not so skinny kids. lol. the only seats i've sat in so far that were comfy for non-skinny kids were Recaros. any suggestions?

Cobra. There are 2 models of Cobra seat that I know are "FMF" or "Fat Man Friendly".

Sidewinder (awesome looking seat, and very comfortable. Low to improve headroom, and wide thigh and shoulder bolsters.

Opus (a bit more traditional looking, and still very comfortable. A bit narrower seat and back, but the thigh bolsters are softer and a bit pliable, so they hug your butt. Nice seat.

Both run about 550-650/seat.

corbeau makes very good quality seats that are less expensive than a lot of the other brands
and yes they make all of their seats in a "wide" version as well

Yup, I would go with E_Solsi opinion on that one. I was into those Tenzo R seats before, until I saw some in a Accord for a Car Show. The seats look like pink instead of red. Don't get'em unless you don't mind spending a few hours coloring the seats with magic markers. :blink:

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1+Aug 23 2004, 10:42 PM-->
[post=380786]Quoted post[/post]​

If all you're concerned about is cost, then by all means- get the cheapo seats. I'm worried about build quality, strength in a wreck, bolstering, comfort, longevity, design... and my Corbeaus that I picked up for $750 shipped brand new with custom brackets and sliders that bolted right up to my car without any cutting or welding are still holding up strong after 3 years. They still look and feel new. Go try that with your Tenzo-R seats. I guarantee you'll be bitching about faded upholstery and crushed padding after just one year.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 24 2004, 02:02 PM
corbeau makes very good quality seats that are less expensive than a lot of the other brands
and yes they make all of their seats in a "wide" version as well
[post=381060]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

I need the skinny ones. :lol: The "wide" ones support up to a 44" waist, but somehow a co-worker with a 50" waist under the belly fit into my TRS seats that have a supposed maximum 36" waist design. I don't think he was very comfortable.

TeeJayTECH
@Aug 25 2004, 03:22 PM
Yup, I would go with E_Solsi opinion on that one. I was into those Tenzo R seats before, until I saw some in a Accord for a Car Show. The seats look like pink instead of red. Don't get'em unless you don't mind spending a few hours coloring the seats with magic markers. :blink:
[post=381663]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

One of my buddies spent a ton of cash on spray dye to recolor his Tenzo-Rs.

I sat in some generic APC or Tenzo R seats, not sure, and they were huge for me. The bolsters were way too big for my frame, and really weren't comfortable. I'm 6', and 32" waist, so if that matters. When tilted forward and backwards, they felt like crap and litteraly felt like they would break easily in a collision.

PErsonally, I don't go cheap on stuff that involves my body directly.

Originally posted by 40_below+Sep 6 2004, 07:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 6 2004, 07:41 PM
40_below
@Sep 3 2004, 08:02 PM
Racing seats are gay (unless you race)
[post=385908]Quoted post[/post]​

You = :ghey:
[post=386726]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? Because I stated my opinion? Fuck you.
[post=386729]Quoted post[/post]​

I stated mine. Fuck you too.

Originally posted by 40_below+Sep 6 2004, 07:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 6 2004, 07:41 PM
40_below
@Sep 3 2004, 08:02 PM
Racing seats are gay (unless you race)
[post=385908]Quoted post[/post]​

You = :ghey:
[post=386726]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? Because I stated my opinion? Fuck you.
[post=386729]Quoted post[/post]​

Way to work yourself into getting banned.
Some of us get tired of the stock seats because they get worn, look ugly, or replacements are hard to find. Not all racing seats are bright yellow or red. You don't know anybody here to tell whether they race or not. So kindly :newbie:

Back