teraforming Mars?

good idea?

• hot- lets move to ma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

E SolSi: interesting
E SolSi: what if we were orriginally on mars then fuxored that planet up so we did what they are talking about to earth and then moved here???
pissedoffsolwork: who knows...
pissedoffsolwork: i think it all goes back to those stories of the pyramids...
pissedoffsolwork: how they keep saying people from space helped build them
E SolSi: werd
pissedoffsolwork: well, those people from space might have been US all along
pissedoffsolwork: think about it
pissedoffsolwork: africa/egypt- everyone is black/dark
pissedoffsolwork: mars, has little sun
pissedoffsolwork: we are white
pissedoffsolwork: the white man came down from space, and took over
pissedoffsolwork: lol
E SolSi: lol

thoughts?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 13 2004, 04:07 AM
E SolSi: interesting
E SolSi: what if we were orriginally on mars then fuxored that planet up so we did what they are talking about to earth and then moved here???
pissedoffsolwork: who knows...
pissedoffsolwork: i think it all goes back to those stories of the pyramids...
pissedoffsolwork: how they keep saying people from space helped build them
E SolSi: werd
pissedoffsolwork: well, those people from space might have been US all along
pissedoffsolwork: think about it
pissedoffsolwork: africa/egypt- everyone is black/dark
pissedoffsolwork: mars, has little sun
pissedoffsolwork: we are white
pissedoffsolwork: the white man came down from space, and took over
pissedoffsolwork: lol
E SolSi: lol

thoughts?

THAT is the funniest intellectually correct thing I think I have ever read.

we,ve done a pretty good job of trashing this plant, why not carry on the tradition!! to infinity and beyond :thumbsup:

No no no, think of it scientifically... So we terraform Mars... Then all the suspended bacterial life wakes up, infects us and we turn into Martian zombies hellbent on returning to Earth and eating brains! THINK, PEOPLE!

I agree. I think we came from Mars. I also think that the Moon was strategically placed where it currently is - Possibly in the efforts of colonizing Earth.

-> Steve

That's entertaining and all but the human genom project proves otherwise. Apperence is about the least reliable genetic trait.

doubtful we could even do it. if they can do it to mars, why not do something here to fix the ozone..... all this shit that they want to do, but should be more dedicated to sht thats going on here.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 13 2004, 10:16 AM
doubtful we could even do it.  if they can do it to mars, why not do something here to fix the ozone..... all this shit that they want to do, but should be more dedicated to sht thats going on here.

Getting ozone into the upper atmosphere is hard.

Blanketing a planet with as much carbon dioxide as possible is reletively easy... We seem to be pretty good at that already. :D

The object is to get enough greenhouse gasses into Mars' atmosphere as possible to raise the temperature. On Mars there are a LOT of gases frozen on the ground and chemically bonded with the rock... We wouldn't have to completely fill the planet, we'd just have to get enough to warm the planet enough that the gases that are already there can escape, basically have the planet terraform itself. If we can 'spark' the planet a little it should fire up on its own again.

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 13 2004, 09:43 AM
I agree. I think we came from Mars. I also think that the Moon was strategically placed where it currently is - Possibly in the efforts of colonizing Earth.

-> Steve

I would like to hear more about this. Please expand, Steve?

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Apr 13 2004, 11:16 AM
doubtful we could even do it. if they can do it to mars, why not do something here to fix the ozone..... all this shit that they want to do, but should be more dedicated to sht thats going on here.

thats all well and good (in a tree huggin kinda way ;) )

but it doesnt change the FACT that we are running out of space here
this planet is being RAPIDLY over populated (there is a downside to all these people living longer)

so unless people start dying at a reasonable age again, and the reproduction rate is drasticly slowed, we WILL run out of space and resources

so what is left to do????

It kinda sounds sensible that "The Human Race" has been trading planets for billions of years. We can't seem to stop ourselves from making a huge impact on one planet, so we give one planet a time to rest. A few million years should do it.

As far as the Moon, The moon's revolution is axi-centric with The Earth. So that we see the same side, all the time. Simple, you know this.

Why are there are craters on the earth side ? Why a crater at the exact closest point on the moon ? That shouldn't be possible by our known physics of the moon. I think the Moon was placed there to protect the earth from meteor debris and constant pounding. And it was placed with accuracy and purpose.

-> Steve

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 13 2004, 10:26 AM
so unless people start dying at a reasonable age again, and the reproduction rate is drasticly slowed, we WILL run out of space and resources

we'll all most likely be dead by then anyway...

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 13 2004, 12:56 PM
Why are there are craters on the earth side ? Why a crater at the exact closest point on the moon ? That shouldn't be possible by our known physics of the moon.

what???????

so it couldnt have come from an angle that missed the earth and hit the moon?????

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 13 2004, 12:56 PM
As far as the Moon, The moon's revolution is axi-centric with The Earth. So that we see the same side, all the time. Simple, you know this.

Explain Pluto's moon. Charon is in perfect synchronous orbit with Pluto AND also always shows the same face. There's a side that has never seen Charon. You could set up directional WiFi between the two and never lose signal.

As an aside, because of Pluto's odd orbit and Charon's position, Charon has forty-two phases, compared to our moon's seven.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Apr 13 2004, 01:24 PM-->
@Apr 13 2004, 12:56 PM
Why are there are craters on the earth side ? Why a crater at the exact closest point on the moon ? That shouldn't be possible by our known physics of the moon.

what???????

so it couldnt have come from an angle that missed the earth and hit the moon?????

Try shooting a person behind a building without hitting the building.

Back