Terrible night

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bleed it out when you refill it... Mide as well do it when you refill it right? Plus if you have the D15 in it just change the head gasket if you think it might be blown. It cost me 25 bucks to do mine.

Bleed it out when you refill it... Mide as well do it when you refill it right? Plus if you have the D15 in it just change the head gasket if you think it might be blown. It cost me 25 bucks to do mine.
agreed.

So, I'm kind of curious of what this is.

Fill it back up on a slab of concrete and let it run. if it start to show a leak to the back of the block. find and repair as necessary.

Now, I will say this. When I was working a while ago out of town and driving my 94 civic, I found it had a blown head gasket. but wasnt mixing oil with water or water with oil. No, my HG was leaking right into the cylinder or cylinders. Later it got so bad, that when I shut the car of and let it sit, it would leak over night into the cyl. In the morning I would have to sit there and let it start up then sit there and make it run, by just dumping fuel into it and forcing most of the water out and the rest dry out with the combustion.

so, head gasket is still a possibility, IF nothing else is showing up at all. Do you have a heater core hooked up? there have been times where a heater core goes bad and it leaks right there in the fire wall. so check for everything

Well we rented a pressure tester from autozone and it held at 15psi no problems we then bumped the pressure to 18psi and still held no problems....what we think happened is since the hose that busted is right next to the temp sensor we think a pocket of hot air went by the sensor causing the temp gauge to fly up to H it couldn't of been on H very long.....I think the first time we just didn't get all the air out of the system but its still on the same level in the radiator and it passed the pressure test so hopefully everything is alright......still was not a fun past few days

by the way thanks for everyones help it is appreciated

Your welcome and good luck.

Back