Terrible steering, dont think its alignment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

Hey fellas, I just freshened up the front end on my crx.
what i replaced:
Put on OMNI race full coilovers
new wheel bearings
upper a arms w/ ball joints
lower ball joints
tie rod ends ( i put them back exactly the way they were)

Whats happening, when im going at any speed the car feels very unstable like going thru a slallom course in really lifted truck. It sucks, the car still drives in a straight line so im not thinkin alignment.
Another note, I think the shop effed up one of the wheel bearings, cuz when the cars on jack stands and you shake the passeneger side wheel, it shakes pretty good, but the driver side is solid and dosent move at all. Is that the wheel bearing?? If so im gonna tear those guys a new A-hole.
any input would help, i just can figure it out cuz ive double and tripple checked everything.

nah i didnt align it cuz it wasent pulling, Oh i forgot to put axles on the list. I better just get one and see if it helps. The car is so damn loud tho, i dont drive it much, cuz it draws unwanted attention, gotta put a resonator on it or something

If your wheel is moving when its up on stands there is a problem that MUST be fixed. Most likely it is a wheel bearing.

Fix that first, but I do agree that after replacing all that stuff, an alignment certainly couldnt hurt.

well i replaced that wheel bearing also, but i think they either A ruined the new one, or B didnt replace it at all.

i think ill take it to get an alignment and a resoinator put on this week, i hate having to argue to shops that they screwed something up, its always a big bullshit hastle.

the alignment shop is the same shop that did the wheel bearing, i yanked the knuckles off the car and took them to the shop like that, since that way it only cost 100 bucks. With them on the car it woulda cost about 350. Im curious if they would try some shit like saying that since they didnt replace them on the car that it wasent their fault.... I wonder if thats even a valid claim.

Back