Test Drove The New Accord V6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

Lucky my mom was looking for her car and i was her translator :p anyway, we went down to the local honda dealership and was looking for the v6 sedans, but they said thats the most popular and they only had one.. said the factories can't keep up.. anyway, i assumed people test the shit out of it because it had over 300 miles... our last new car had only 8.. so i convinced the guy my mom said she wanted to try the coupes because the sedan had too many miles.. in which she didnt and wanted to leave :lol: .. anyway, i told my mom the guy wanted her to try it :lol:.. the guy willing pulled in a v6 coupe with a 6-speed manual and a nice nav. system.. funny thing is my mom doesnt even kno how to drive a stick so i drove it..boy it was fun.. never knew an accord could have some much punch.. the guy let me hit the fuel cut haha and it had only 30 miles on it.. also it was my first time driving a 6 speed haha.. i also liked the TCS when i dumped the clutch on "accident." in the end i had one hella of time, the salesmen didnt sale shit, my mom walked away pissed and carless.. lol..
btw, brand new cars aren't even suppose to pass 4k until like 500 miles for it to break it or the valves or watever would be torn up?

btw, brand new cars aren't even suppose to pass 4k until like 500 miles for it to break it or the valves or watever would be torn up?

Engrish preese. What do you mean "he let me feel the fuel cutoff?" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by endlesszeal@May 16 2003, 02:06 PM

Not according to this.

Pardon my English, but I was being lazy and it seems trivial to be grammatically correct to the point that I would have to read-proof my post and make any corrections to grammar errors. As long as everyone can somewhat comprehend what I'm trying to convey. In addition, when I said, "he let me feel the fuel cut," I was simply stating that the salesmen failed to mention or, stop me, from almost reaching redline. I bounced off the fuel cut, thus preventing me from reaching redline. Anyhow, the Honda manual informs you not to abuse your motor until you've reached a certain "break-in" period. I was just minimally curious and wanted to know if that was a fact or statement.

yeah dude they are nice cars, my friend is looking into getting one or the rsx within the next two weeks. nice little cars

it depends on which car.. some cars have it before and some have it after.. most autos ive drove, its before and my old mk1 mr2 was before also.. my ls is after like around 7100.. also most bikes ive riden are after too.. they have it about 1-2k after redline for "overrev" to get around tight corners.. anyway, point is depends on the car.

How could redline come AFTER fuel cut? That would defeat the purpose of "redline", which is a factory-specified RPM that is the top of the safe rev range, usually a few hundred rpm. If you hit a fuel cut before redline, then the redline of that car would be meaningless.

Example: My old Accord engine redlined at 6200 rpm, and hit a fuel cut at 6500 rpm.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 20 2003, 11:18 AM
How could redline come AFTER fuel cut? That would defeat the purpose of "redline", which is a factory-specified RPM that is the top of the safe rev range, usually a few hundred rpm. If you hit a fuel cut before redline, then the redline of that car would be meaningless.

Example: My old Accord engine redlined at 6200 rpm, and hit a fuel cut at 6500 rpm.

:werd:

Originally posted by endlesszeal@May 20 2003, 01:57 PM
it depends on which car.. some cars have it before and some have it after.. most autos ive drove, its before and my old mk1 mr2 was before also.. my ls is after like around 7100.. also most bikes ive riden are after too.. they have it about 1-2k after redline for "overrev" to get around tight corners.. anyway, point is depends on the car.

:blah: :newbie:

sohcslammer i think youre the biggest moron ever.. you cant even make a negative remark by yourself and have to follow what other peopel say.. anyway, its from what ive experinced and im not mechanic nor a automobile guru.. however, my dad does do some work on cars and when he rebuilt our mk1, the fuel cut was set at 7000 and the redline is at 7200.. he said that he didnt want us, my brothers and i, to redline the motor because he just rebuilt it and the fuel cut was there to prevent us from reaching redline.. then again i can be wrong, but whenever i reached 7000, right before redline, the engine makes a odd noise and seems to hesitate.. if thats not fuel cut then i guess it was a bad rebuild..

Well, if he programmed the ECU himself, he can set the fuel cut wherever the hell he wants. He did it as a safety measure I guess. However, on ANY normal production car, the redline will be lower than the fuel cut. Normally, redline will be the top of the powerband (and safe rev range) for that engine.

Back