Test drove

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jun 21 2005, 02:12 PM-->
jdm2gen03
@Jun 21 2005, 02:47 AM
i'm kinda soundin like a honda whore right now but how bout a TSX or 4 door GSR..... but if not i would say go with the spec v my freind has one, automatic and pulled off 15.4's stock. its a fun car for a 4 door.
[post=514698]Quoted post[/post]​

Since when do Spec Vs come with automatics? <_<
[post=514730]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh noes :eek: rebadger SE-R y0!!!

no its not rebadged, and how would a stock se-r non vspec pull off 15.4's..... do a search they make automatic ones.

Originally posted by jdm2gen03@Jun 22 2005, 01:12 AM
no its not rebadged, and how would a stock se-r non vspec pull off 15.4's..... do a search they make automatic ones.
[post=514981]Quoted post[/post]​

No, they fucking don't...

Motor Trend
The 170-horse version is available with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic, while the Spec V can be had only with a slick-shifting six-speed manual.

Nissan News
Backing the QR25 is a new close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission (SE-R Spec V), 5-speed manual transmission (SE-R), or a 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with overdrive (optional on SE-R).

A helical limited-slip differential is standard on the 6-speed equipped SE-R Spec V. This mechanical differential is torque sensitive and provides instantaneous locking for increased traction and performance.

Car Talk
The two things that set the Spec V apart from the run-of-the-mill Sentra are a stiffer suspension and a powerful engine. The Spec V is equipped with a 175-horsepower version of Nissan's 2.5 liter, four-cylinder engine -- the same engine that powers the much larger Nissan Altima. That's 49 horsepower more than the base Sentra's 1.8 liter engine. There's no automatic transmission available on the Spec V. The only transmission is a six-speed manual.

SportCompactCar
First, engine output is pushed up to 180 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque, thanks to a less restrictive muffler with a flapper door that blows open to reduce backpressure at high rpm. While that still leaves the Spec V 15-hp shy of the Type R, its 180 lb-ft of torque beat the Type R by a whopping 50 lb-ft. That means the Spec V is on top for much of the powerband. Making maximum use of that powerband is a new six-speed manual transmission with a helical limited-slip differential similar to the Type R's (there will be no automatic for the Spec V)

Spec V is the top of the line sports model, like the ITR, which also never came with an auto, even in Japan. Automatic is not a track/sports feature, there fore it is useless in a track/sports car.

I got a million more...

Why don't you try a search?

Not convinced? How about Nissans fucking spec sheet for it? http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelSpe...20013||,00.html

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 21 2005, 07:25 PM-->
jdm2gen03
@Jun 22 2005, 01:12 AM
[post=514981]Quoted post[/post]​

No, they fucking don't...

Motor Trend
The 170-horse version is available with a five-speed manual or four-speed automatic, while the Spec V can be had only with a slick-shifting six-speed manual.

Nissan News
Backing the QR25 is a new close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission (SE-R Spec V), 5-speed manual transmission (SE-R), or a 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with overdrive (optional on SE-R).

A helical limited-slip differential is standard on the 6-speed equipped SE-R Spec V. This mechanical differential is torque sensitive and provides instantaneous locking for increased traction and performance.

Car Talk
The two things that set the Spec V apart from the run-of-the-mill Sentra are a stiffer suspension and a powerful engine. The Spec V is equipped with a 175-horsepower version of Nissan's 2.5 liter, four-cylinder engine -- the same engine that powers the much larger Nissan Altima. That's 49 horsepower more than the base Sentra's 1.8 liter engine. There's no automatic transmission available on the Spec V. The only transmission is a six-speed manual.

SportCompactCar
First, engine output is pushed up to 180 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque, thanks to a less restrictive muffler with a flapper door that blows open to reduce backpressure at high rpm. While that still leaves the Spec V 15-hp shy of the Type R, its 180 lb-ft of torque beat the Type R by a whopping 50 lb-ft. That means the Spec V is on top for much of the powerband. Making maximum use of that powerband is a new six-speed manual transmission with a helical limited-slip differential similar to the Type R's (there will be no automatic for the Spec V)

Spec V is the top of the line sports model, like the ITR, which also never came with an auto, even in Japan. Automatic is not a track/sports feature, there fore it is useless in a track/sports car.

I got a million more...

Why don't you try a search?

Not convinced? How about Nissans fucking spec sheet for it? http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelSpe...20013||,00.html
[post=514985]Quoted post[/post]​

bwhahahahahahhahaa!!!

Shit, all you have to do is go to www.nissandriven.com and look at the mechanical specs ON NISSANS HOME PAGE and it shows that Standard is the 6 sp manual with no other transmission Options... and I knew that without even looking it up because I USED TO HAVE ONE.

Yes... 92... that was beautiful pwnage.

Yeah. The loan fell through so I took it back. but not after dogging the shit out of it and putting 500 miles on it. :D

haha! fuck nissan anyway. Had Bob Rohrmans sales reps not tried to screw me over I might have tried to get my own loan for it and kept it.

Back