1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

testing the waters, 91 GSR CRX si

Discussion in 'Vehicles: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by GSRCRXsi, May 2, 2004.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

ok, so my plans for the rebuild arent going as planned and it seems like im never gonna finish this thing. and now im thinking about selling the damn thing and starting over with a new project.

list of mods on the car as it sits right now are as follows

91 Honda CRX si about 130,000 miles on car
    94 B18C1 GSR engine about 80,000 miles on motor maybe less.
    YS1 cable transmission
    OBD1 P72 ECU - engine is wired as obd1
    Hasport billet alluminum motor mounts
    Thermal R&D catback exhaust
    jimfab crossmember/traction bars (might keep, depends on how bad the buyer wants it)
    ground control springs (400/250 rates) (might also keep) sold with stock springs and struts probably
    brembo blank rotors in front, brembo slotted and dimple drilled rotors in the rear (little rusty, just need to be driven on or turned)
    Hawk HPS pads up front, cheap autozone rotors in the rear
    Goodridge SS brake lines
    Valvoline Synpower dot 4+ brake fluid
    14" steelies

thats pretty much it. only thing missing from the engine is an intake (from theft). the engine runs perfect. no codes, no bad idles. vtec engages just like it should and so do the IAB's. the water pump seems to be leaking and i will include an almost brand new replacement. the engine ticks, but nothing a valve lash adjustment shouldnt fix. ill probably adjust the valve lash before whoever buys it.

the body has rust on the passenger side rear quarter panel and on the sunroof panel. the side of the car has some scratches from the theives who stole my car when they ripped off the ww body kit that it used to have. front fender on the drivers side has a small dent (parking lot stuff) and a little bit of rust from where the paint chipped off. waiting on bumper suport to arrive so that i can install the rear bumper. the car will need bumper lenses and taillights with the harness. just plug them in and go.

interior is in great shape. door panels are mint with no tears or anything. seats also have no tears or holes. no interior from the rear seats back. but i do have some of the interior peices still (basically all but the huge plasic peices that go along the sides) that you are welcome to have. i also have boxes of misc parts that you are welcome to too. the interior is cruurently half pulled apart from me working on the car but ill mostlikely put as much back together as i can. obviously there will be no radio with the car, it too was stolen.

pics of how it currently looks:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i have some more pics of the door panels and seats if anyone truely wants to see them. i just dont have them in a gallery here. ive tried to be as clear and accurate as to the condition of the car. its not too bad, the body needs some touching up and you could easily fixe all the body flaws without too much trouble. nothing is severyly dented or wrenched or anything like that. vin number can be supplied to anyone who is truely serious and wants to check carfax or anything. i want a somewhat local buyer. i will not ship the car, if you want it, you have to come here and look at it and pick it up. if you absolutely want the car, but are too far away, i will cooperate with shipping but you must set up everything, i dont want to deal with the hassle.

again i am still undecided as to what i want to do right now and like the title says im just testing the waters. i would be happy with $4000 to take everything as stated. any additional questions/coments/concerns? feel free to E-mail me, Instant Message me, PM me, or just post. thanks :( .

edit, sorry for those of you who dont know, the car is located in Baltimore MD, zip 21220

2. GSRCRXsi

damnit im a tard, wrong forum :doh:

bump :)

3. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

want another CRX? ill trade ya mine plus 2 grand for yours...

P.S. where are you located?

4. GSRCRXsi

actually yes i do want another CRX, but it has to have absolutely NO rust and no major damage. where are you located. also id prefer a 90-91 si but i might look into other years and models if the condition is right, whatcha got?

5. BlackFrog

its a 91 SI, white, body is mint, no damage. rust though has started within the past year, small though. drivers side has gone through smaller then the size of a penny, passenger side isnt even through. Both spots are about the size of a 50 cent peice.

6. GSRCRXsi

i really dont want any rust, rust that size is pretty big... im sorry man, im just gonna be real strict about this this time around.

7. BlackFrog

alright man. good luck finding one without rust. lemme know if your change your mind.

-Chris

8. GSRCRXsi

you say its 91 si but your sig says 90? you got any pics of your car though? maybe i can ponder over it...

just know that none of this is final, im still really undecided and im trying to weigh my options.

9. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

doooooooooooooooooooo it :)

10. BlackFrog

ya know, your right. it is a 90, brain fart :spin:

the only pic i have of it is the one i got when i bought, but it was taken last summer. the rust started this past winter.

i know none of this is final...we're just 2 dudes talkin :D

heres a link from when i got it, this is the only pic i have of her, though i could get somemore if things started to get more serious.

-Chris

11. GSRCRXsi

umm wheres the pic? lol

12. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

ummm, there is no link?

13. BlackFrog

14. GSRCRXsi

check your PM's and reading that link, did you by any chance get the car cover with it? :)

15. GSRCRXsi

bump.

and ive been thinking, if it goes, itll go with the springs and jimfab bar. only reason i was gonna take the springs out was to replace the struts, one of them is blown so that, or all, will have to be replaces, i was gonna replace all of them. just wanted to clear that up. thanks.

16. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

17. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

where in middle river do u live. my mom is in sparrowspoint. i know a buddy that wants one. i could spread the word. But i am not sure how much cash he has.

18. GSRCRXsi

19. BlackFrog

yup, got the cover. you got PM

20. GSRCRXsi

so do you sir :)

and bump :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted